Security errors in internet explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security errors in internet explorer

Suddenly throwing security errors on the check out pages in IE. I'm not seeing it in FF. Removed everything from the left and right columns. Removed the cart view on check out pages and still the same. Even pulled the 3d cart ssl logo.
    If I tell it to not display the insecure items nothing changes. everything is still there. IE can see something but I can't.

If anyone wants to make a guess I'm open for suggestions because i have no clue.

Thanks.
    David
    David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

David,
    I looked for about 10 minutes comparing "display the insecure items" and "don't display" - and both look the same to me. I could not find what was causing the warning. I'm using IE8.

Have you changed/moved/added/renamed anything before you started seeing this message?

Comment

Not a damn thing. I actually removed all of the left and right column information to see if that was the trigger. I'll put it back after support takes a look. I think it's on their side and IE sees it. It is consistent on all the checkout pages as soon as it triggers the https. I'm seeing that on the mobile app too. I might turn that off and see if that's it after support.

I triggered it once in FF on my daughters laptop but I have hers set up a little different than mine. I'm not getting it on my FF.
      David
      David's Gifts and Things

Comment

Check any unsecure scripts that may be running in the header, that is not part of the checkout page. I had this issue before as well and it turned out to be the rotating banner as I had put it globally in <head>..</head> tags. You may have something similar to that...?

if you still can't figure it out contact LiveChat, they were able to diagnose the culprit in minutes (at least for me)
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Support found it. It was the Google +1 code from Google in the frame. Thanks all.
          http://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js
          David
          David's Gifts and Things

Comment

Error Answer

You can always find the answer at Why No Padlock

Run the test 2 - 3 times in a row.
            Last edited by celebra1; 08-31-2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Nice site to have. It's all fixed now. The code from Google was causing it. I'll use the knowledge base article from 3d.
              David
              David's Gifts and Things

Comment

Working...
              X