Error when pressing facebook like message for a product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when pressing facebook like message for a product

Anyone else ever get this error message?

The page failed to provide a valid list of administrators. It needs to specify the administrators using either a "fb:app_id" meta tag, or using a "fb:admins" meta tag to specify a comma-delimited list of Facebook users.

Facebook I like button not working all the time - Stack Overflow

You're not alone

The Facebook Like Plugin requires six attributes when using the open graph meta tags:

og:title - The title of the entity.
    og:type - The type of entity. You must select a type from the list of Open Graph types.
    og:image - The URL to an image that represents the entity. Images must be at least 50 pixels by 50 pixels. Square images work best, but you are allowed to use images up to three times as wide as they are tall.
    og:url - The canonical, permanent URL of the page representing the entity. When you use Open Graph tags, the Like button posts a link to the og:url instead of the URL in the Like button code.
    og:site_name - A human-readable name for your site, e.g., "IMDb".
    fb:admins or fb:app_id - A comma-separated list of either the Facebook IDs of page administrators or a Facebook Platform application ID. At a minimum, include only your own Facebook ID.

So just add your facebook ID:

<meta property="og:admins" content="your_FB_ID"/>

Comment

Toobusy did you fix the issue with this recommendation?

Comment

So far, luckily, I haven't experienced it, but I have a friend using another cart that was. She tried the "fix" and hasn't said anything else about it, I'm assuming the problem was resolved. Wish I could say I've tried it, but I just haven't had the error message personally

Comment

now the likes are posting to my facebook page however its not showing on the product page how many likes it has like on some other products.

Comment

This is the explanation of the error given from facebook:

The page failed to provide a valid list of administrators. It needs to specify the administrators using either a "fb:app_id" meta tag, or using a "fb:admins" meta tag to specify a comma-delimited list of Facebook users.

Does anyone know what is oing on here? This should not be a problem as I have two other carts (Somewhere else) and the facebook button works flawlessly. (Same code used here)

Comment

I tried the fix and it didn't work for me either. Still get the same error message. Like previous postings, it shows up as a liked item on my personal facebook page, but does not register on the actual product page. Anyone have any other ideas?!?

Comment

Problem solved!! (for me...at least...)

Okay, I got it working in my store. Didn't have to add any code whatsoever, so I returned all of that to the default settings. The knowledgebase didn't mention any of this next part, just sort of stumbled upon the solution. I had pasted the API key into the Social Commerce-->Status Updates section, but I didn't realize the "@" had to be in there as well (which I discovered from reading the knowledgebase for social updating). Once I entered that in, everything worked immediately (I might have refreshed my cache first though, can't remember).

Hope that helps you guys too!

Comment

I am talking about the error on the like button, I don't know what that has to do with an api key or status updates...

Comment

Did anyone figure this out yet? Neither solution mentioned above worked for us. I looked at a few other 3dCart sites and saw that the same error message appeared when I tried to Like their products, so it's obviously a 3dCart-wide issue.

I turned off our Like button for now until we find a solution. --mimib

Comment

We use the "Like" button through our AddThis account. That one works fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X