Inventory control for kits or bundle deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory control for kits or bundle deals

Has anyone found a way to set up kits or bundle deal products where the stock levels are managed automatically?

I thought I'd cracked it with advanced options, but it looks like that is just a way for the customer to filter what they want (a medium red one) and you have a fixed amount of stock of each option.

I'm talking about selling product in two different ways - as individual components or as a fixed bundle deal.

A practical example - we sell glitter glue and I want to do a deal on buying three specific colours (my choice, not theirs). So I want to set up a product which is one each of colour A, B and C. As we sell those colours individually as well, I need the bundle deal to be reducing the stock down each time I sell one, so I can't oversell either the deal or the individual colours.

At the moment, I have to manually reduce stock of the individual components then add stock to the bundle.

Kits are a great way for us to boost sales so I'd really like to know if this can be done.

thanks
    Glenda
    Glenda Waterworth

www.chocolatebaroque.com
    Elegant designs to inspire your crafting

You were in the right direction with the Advanced options, yes you can link to an existing product and have the inventory controlled as individual and as an offer with another product.
    See knowledge-base article: https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=413

In the "Options" tab of the product, if you click on the "Select" under "Custom Item " you can assign an existing product for that item.
    Last edited by ElegantWeddings; 09-13-2011, 08:17 AM.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

thanks for getting back to me.

I've tried every which way I can and just can't get it to work at all.

Have you actually implemented this successfully?

thanks
      Glenda
      Glenda Waterworth

www.chocolatebaroque.com

Comment

Originally posted by glendaww View Post
        thanks for getting back to me.

I've tried every which way I can and just can't get it to work at all.

Have you actually implemented this successfully?

thanks
        Glenda

Yes, I have done it without the "Advanced Options" just from regular options.
        I don't have an example at the moment as the bundle I was offering is no longer available for sale.

You can do a test product.
        • Add a "Main Option" to an existing product
        • when you and the "Option set" for that item, make sure you click on the "select" under custom item and assign the test product.
        • Go thru the checkout and see if it will reduce the inventory of that test product.
        if you hover over the "i" on the "Custom Item" it tells you that this is used for inventory keeping purposes.
        Elegant Weddings +

Comment

well I was going to have another go, but my site has disappeared. I contacted live support and it turns out they've moved the site to a new server without telling us! As we manage our own DNS, we have to reset the IP address, so the site will be down for an hour or two.

While I was on though, I managed to pick their brains and it turns out I was almost there, but hadn't realised that I needed to assign a stock amount to the main bundle. I thought the whole point was for it to work out the stock level based on lowest level of any individual component.

I still think putting stock in on the main bundle is a bit clunky as it can then show as in stock, but only come up as not available when a customer tries to add it to the cart, but it seems that's the way it works.

I shall find out when the site is back up!

Thank you so much for getting back to me, much appreciated,

Glenda
          Glenda Waterworth

www.chocolatebaroque.com

Comment

I needed to assign a stock amount to the main bundle
            I really don't think this is true. You don't need to go thru the "Advanced Options" route. Just stay with the regular options. Do a test to make sure though.
            Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Working...
            X