Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Certain Products To Other Countries

Hi there

I have an issue that I'd like some help/advice on please.

Currently we only ship from within the USA, mainly due to the fact that some of the products we sell are drop-shipped and the manufacturer will not ship internationally.

We do however sell many products that we ship out ourselves and ideally would like to be able to ship these overseas. I know there is no way you can exclude products from shipping areas within 3DCart, however I wanted to ask if anyone had had a similar problem and how they overcame it?

Ideally I do not want to create a new store for international customers as the main .com domain ranks highly anyway, however I do understand this might be the only option.

I am also aware that it may be difficult to stop customers adding a drop-shipped product as well as another product that we ship direct into the basket at the same time.

Any thoughts on the best way to play this would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Phil
    Golf Tees Etc
    www.golfteesetc.com

We are in the exact situation as you are for some of our products, here is how we deal with them.
    • We allow customers from worldwide except for certain selected countries like Nigeria
    • We have an account with a freight forwarder that the items shipped within USA (i.e. dropship items) gets delivered to that freight forwarder address.
    • Then from there we ship it to the final destination via the freight forwarder.
    • Make sure your international pricing includes the domestic shipping costs to send to the freight forwarder.
    hope this will shed some light for your situation.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Hi there

Thanks for the reply. This is certainly a potential option for us. Please would it be possible to have the name of your freight forwarding company. I can find some on the web, however I assume you are happy with the one you use so a recommendation would be appreciated.

Kind regards
      Phil
      Golf Tees Etc
      www.golfteesetc.com

Comment

BongoUs.com is what we use.
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Thanks - appreciate that. I'll take a look.
          Phil
          Golf Tees Etc
          www.golfteesetc.com

Comment

We use the 3dCart integrated International Checkout service.

Comment

Working...
            X