Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McAfee Secure included according to the Ecommerce Feature page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McAfee Secure included according to the Ecommerce Feature page.

I am confused. I talked to tech support yesterday and they said McAfee Secure and the trust logo are not included in plans. Yet the feature page says this:

Free Security Monitoring

McAfee scans your website every day for hacker vulnerabilities and includes the use of the McAfee trustmark which on average, increases conversions by 12% according to research.

Can someone please explain to me if the McAfee Secure & trust logo are included or not?

:confused:

Don't know.. if you find out please let us know. I am paying monthly for mcafee and would love to cut it.

Comment

Here is the page for the McAfee: Download the app:
      McAfee Secure Compatible Shopping Cart Software | 3dcart App Store
      Elegant Weddings +
      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by Morgana Minerals View Post
        I am confused. I talked to tech support yesterday and they said McAfee Secure and the trust logo are not included in plans. Yet the feature page says this:

Free Security Monitoring

McAfee scans your website every day for hacker vulnerabilities and includes the use of the McAfee trustmark which on average, increases conversions by 12% according to research.

Can someone please explain to me if the McAfee Secure & trust logo are included or not?

:confused:
        long story short the scan is to make sure you are PCI compliant and there are no security vulnerabilities. If you want the seal that is going to cost you. This was a minor mistake I made when I considering 3dcart. I'm still more than happy with everything i've received Gujarat

Comment

I checked into it and yes there's an extra fee for the logo. The basic account is what we get for free.

Comment

According to 3dcart support and McAfee, you are permitted to use the McAfee Secure logo on your site as an image at no cost, but it will not be the dynamic one that updates daily with the date. You also will not be able to click on it to verify, which makes it useless.

Comment

Last I checked, the cart could not pass the PCI security scans. Has something changed? Have they implemented SFTP now?

Comment

Just had to have them fix it for me. It all passes except the ftp. The temporary solution right now is to have 3D hard code the ip that can access the ftp.
                So while it works, only from a single ip, it does pass McAfee. When your ip changes you need to let 3D know so they can change it.
                I'm still trying to figure out if we are supposed to get McAfee Safe logo. My store passed now and there is still no code available to use on the site.
                David
                David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Working...
                X