Paypal not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal not working?

Has anyone else had major problems with paypal?

For months we have tried to figure out why so many carts are abandoned even after going through several checkout steps. When we first started we were processing credit cards through paypal with their merchant account. After analyzing things we felt we needed to switch to another merchant gateway and have changed to Authorize.net. We now have more consistent credit card orders but more than 50% of our sales are paid with paypal.

Twice now we have had customers tell us when they try to pay with paypal they get through to the last part where it asks for the phone number and has a button to finish the checkout. The problem is the box to put the phone number in does not show up! So they can't put the number in and finish the sale. How many others give up and don't tell us?

I had only one paypal account so I could not see exactly what was going on. This morning I setup a second paypal account so I could try to purchase and see what our customers are talking about. But after setting up my second paypal account I cannot get paypal to allow the sale to go through at all. When I log in to paypal it brings up a page saying the transaction cannot be completed. With a button to go back to the web store.

I would gladly tell paypal where to go but since more than half our customers pay with paypal we would loose a significant amount of business and we don't want to do that.

Has anyone else had problems with paypal not working and what can be done to get it fixed?

Thanks for any help or input.

Originally posted by watchdr View Post
    Has anyone else had major problems with paypal?

For months we have tried to figure out why so many carts are abandoned even after going through several checkout steps. When we first started we were processing credit cards through paypal with their merchant account. After analyzing things we felt we needed to switch to another merchant gateway and have changed to Authorize.net. We now have more consistent credit card orders but more than 50% of our sales are paid with paypal.

Twice now we have had customers tell us when they try to pay with paypal they get through to the last part where it asks for the phone number and has a button to finish the checkout. The problem is the box to put the phone number in does not show up! So they can't put the number in and finish the sale. How many others give up and don't tell us?

I had only one paypal account so I could not see exactly what was going on. This morning I setup a second paypal account so I could try to purchase and see what our customers are talking about. But after setting up my second paypal account I cannot get paypal to allow the sale to go through at all. When I log in to paypal it brings up a page saying the transaction cannot be completed. With a button to go back to the web store.

I would gladly tell paypal where to go but since more than half our customers pay with paypal we would loose a significant amount of business and we don't want to do that.

Has anyone else had problems with paypal not working and what can be done to get it fixed?

Thanks for any help or input.
    I have never seen the field missing on a checkout page, It was in the middle of the address on my default template which I had to move to a better spot. If you post your site I can take a look at it for you but the easiest solution it to mandate the phone field from the paypal api so it automatically passes the phone number to 3dcart from the phone number listed in paypal.

I changed this setting in Paypal to Required and it automatically brings in the phone number.

SHIPTOPHONENUM (Optional) Phone number. Character length and limitations: 20 single-byte characters

Comment

Just checked and I already have the setting in the paypal api set to ask for the phone number but have it set to optional. I don't know if this is the problem or not. Would this be better if it was set to 'required'?

tmilone103 - check your PM. Thanks.
      Last edited by watchdr; 09-27-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Went through this a while back and we have to select phone # on (required) in paypal
        https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=160

Comment

Set up your store and PayPal settings according to this Knowledgebase article:

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=160

Comment

Working...
          X