No announcement yet.

Problem with Paypal on mobile devices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Paypal on mobile devices.

Hi. Has anyone else had any trouble with customers being unable to complete their order when paying via Paypal on a mobile device? We had a customer today who was unable to complete his order via iPad. When Paypal returned him to our site, all got was a blank screen. He did this multiple times and couldn't ever checkout. Once he tried from a desktop computer his order completed without incident.

I submitted a ticket on this, but all I got back from Support was directions on how to move an order to Unpaid from Not Completed along with a link to the KB article about how to set up Paypal on our website (we have been using Paypal successfully on our site since day 1 with 3dCart...) So Support was no help at all, but hopefully they will follow up on this. Has this problem ever happened to anyone else? If it was some sort of one time issue then I suppose I won't worry about it.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Laura,
    Not really the same problem. Mine have nothing to do with mobile devices. That being said ...
    Not sure yet, but I think there "could" be something going on with PayPal and 3dCart. I have been working with a customer for two days trying to order using PayPal with no success. He keeps getting "kicked back" to checkout2. But he gets no farther.
    I tried placing an order with PayPal (my wife's account) and and I saw the same thing - kicked back to checkout2 (after finalizing in PayPal) which would be VERY confusing to a customer. I don't remember this ever happening in tests done originally when we set up our cart and tested everything!
    Before 2 days ago, we had no problems with PayPal express (the one that send the customer to PayPal's site then back to our site to show the "order Success Page". I am going to keep testing.

Comment

The issue I have with the mobile site is that return customers are unable to checkout do to no state being populated.
      I have a ticket open now for several months.
      Good Luck!
      Clayton
      Go Live Industries

Comment

We just had a customer report this issue. I will file a support case, but just wanted to know if anyone has any more knowledge of this issue or is there is a work-around?

So the problem, in a nutshell, is that a customer shops on mobile site on iPad; adds an item to cart; clicks either Paypal of Google Checkout button; Gets a 404 page. (url displays as https://www.thewatchprince.com/mobile/checkout_one.asp)

I BELIEVE it sounds like possible work-arounds are:
        1. The customer logs in/creates an account before clicking Paypal or Google Checkout buttons.
        Or,
        2. They click "Proceed to Checkout" and then pay with Paypal or credit card on the one-page checkout page

Can anyone verify either of these work-arounds? (I do not have access to an iPad to test it myself)

Thanks, Mimi

Comment

I think I have narrowed down the issue and have also advised 3dcart, hopefully they can fix the issue. The problem I have noticed is that the mobile template is missing the page "checkout_one.asp" so when a customer goes to paypal and gets redirected back they end up in a blank page.

Originally posted by mimib View Post
          We just had a customer report this issue. I will file a support case, but just wanted to know if anyone has any more knowledge of this issue or is there is a work-around?

So the problem, in a nutshell, is that a customer shops on mobile site on iPad; adds an item to cart; clicks either Paypal of Google Checkout button; Gets a 404 page. (url displays as https://www.thewatchprince.com/mobile/checkout_one.asp)

I BELIEVE it sounds like possible work-arounds are:
          1. The customer logs in/creates an account before clicking Paypal or Google Checkout buttons.
          Or,
          2. They click "Proceed to Checkout" and then pay with Paypal or credit card on the one-page checkout page

Can anyone verify either of these work-arounds? (I do not have access to an iPad to test it myself)

Thanks, Mimi

Comment

Definitely have had the "state missing" error reported by some customers trying to use PP on the computer. Have never figured it out. Usually I just tell the customer to choose pay later that I have set up as an option and then I send them a pp invoice.

Comment

Barry: I tried placing an order with PayPal (my wife's account) and and I saw the same thing - kicked back to checkout2 (after finalizing in PayPal) which would be VERY confusing to a customer.
              This is how the PayPal checkout works. After finalizing PayPal, you are back to Checkout 2 to select the shipping options.
              This makes sense if you pushed the PayPal button on the shopping cart, however if you use the button on the Payment page, you have already chosen the shipping, however the cart logic is not accounting for that and makes you choose the shipping method again. There is only one path for PayPal:

shopping Cart or Payment page > PayPal > shipping > confirm.

It is confusing at times, however we do receive quite a few PayPal payments per day. Much better than our old cart any how!

Comment

Working...
              X