mCommerce site and iOS 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mCommerce site and iOS 5

I am not sure whether folks are already aware (couldn't find it as a search in the forum), but there are issues with 3dCart mCommerce sites and Apples new iOS5.

I have tried my mCommerce site on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5 and I cannot select a product form the home screen and there are other parts of the site that do not operate as expected (in short a customer would have great difficulty in buying something from me if they were an Apple user using iOS 5).
    I tried it on another iPhone 4 with iOS 5 and the same issues happened.
    I tried it on an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.5 and it then worked fine.

I have submitted a ticket but then also phoned tech support to be told that 3dCart are aware of the issue and are working on a solution.
    Unfortunately there is no communication of this issue to 3dCart users (that I can see or has been confirmed by technical support). I guess this is understandable as if something is not working properly, you wouldn't want to boast about it.
    But I have made this post just to let anyone else know that the 25 million + downloaders of iOS 5, and 4 million new buyers of the 4s may have difficulty buying from your mCommerce store.
    Hopefully 3dCart will inform their customers when the issue is resolved so that we don't have to keep checking our mobiles every day.
    Personally I am keeping the mobile side switched off at the moment so that customers can at least try and order from the full site on their mobiles (as was the case before mCommerce).
    Anyone else experiencing the same or other issues with iOS please let me know.

Thanks
    Dean

I also reported this to support on Thursday. I have asked for an update but so far I just get "we are working on it". This occurred right after I grand opened my store and announced it on facebook. Followed by several friends and family immediately grabbing their phones to view the store! :(

I have also discovered other features that are not working on 3dcart i.e.: the 3dzoom does not working consistently or properly with Explorer 9. I have been requesting support to fix this for over a month and continue to get "we are aware of the issue but do not have a solution"!
    Marsha,

Comment

I also meant to say that I have deactivated my mobile store also.
      Marsha,

Comment

full site on mobile

Dean,

I can't get the full site to checkout on the iPhone 4s. When I go to the checkout screen it just goes to a blank page and never loads. Are you having this issue as well with the full site view?
        Marsha,

Comment

Support is saying the mcommerce site is not fuctional with the new Iphone OS release, however they are working on it
          to disable the mobile site, uncheck the box in settings, and comment out the script in the Frame.html.

Why do we have to find out about this the hard way with frustrated customers complaining when 3dcart has all of our e-mails, or they can just put a message on the Admin Panel. Very frustrating!

Comment

Comment out the script

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
            Support is saying the mcommerce site is not fuctional with the new Iphone OS release, however they are working on it
            to disable the mobile site, uncheck the box in settings, and comment out the script in the Frame.html.

Why do we have to find out about this the hard way with frustrated customers complaining when 3dcart has all of our e-mails, or they can just put a message on the Admin Panel. Very frustrating!
            Would you mind sharing with me what to write to "comment out the script" in Frame.html? I am just not versed in that at all. The code information you provide is very helpful. Like the one you supplied for the google pop up bar.

Thank you so much.
            Marsha,

Comment

Originally posted by mac411 View Post
              Dean,

I can't get the full site to checkout on the iPhone 4s. When I go to the checkout screen it just goes to a blank page and never loads. Are you having this issue as well with the full site view?
              Hi,
              I can't even get to the checkout page :confused:
              In the UK our post codes (zip codes) have letters in them.
              When I get to the section to enter the post codes I only get an numeric keyboard instead of an alphanumeric keyboard. This means all my UK customers (most of my customers) can't go any further.
              I haven't tried doing a demo order with a non-uUK post code yet.

Comment

settings > general > store settings >edit template html > frame

find and add the <!--Hide mobile -->

end result:

<!-- Hide mobile <script type="text/javascript" src="assets/templates/common/mobile/detect.js"> </script> -->

Comment

end result:

<!-- Hide mobile <script type="text/javascript" src="assets/templates/common/mobile/detect.js"> </script> -->
                  I have searched (ctrl+f) with a ton of words, phrases, etc but I can't find this anywhere in our modified frame template!

Comment

only search frame.html for detect.js or for
                    Code:
                    <script type="text/javascript" src="assets/templates/common/mobile/detect.js">
                    you will add the <!--Hide Mobile and the --> at the end

Comment

Well, now I feel like saying DUH !! I just realised that I NEVER did actually copy/paste the script for the mobile detect when I first enabled the module. I guess I did'nt follow ALL the directions correctly LOL. I guess I need to go back to 1st grade!

Well, at least that explains two things:
                      1: Why my tests with mobile devices NEVER showed the mCommerce template.
                      2: Why (for the life of me) I could not locate the script in the frame.html

Thanks for taking the time elightbox, as always you are a big help - even if it helps us find our own mistakes!

Comment

hide mobile

end result:

Thank you very much. I appreciate your time.
                        Marsha,

Comment

anyone know if this was ever fixed?

Comment

I don't know. I don't have an Iphone to check.
                            However, I have been of two minds about having the mcommerce.

Ipads are served the mcommerce site, however the browsing experience on an ipad is much better with a regular site. I believe more people "actually" shop on Ipads than on Iphones, so I am thinking not having the mcommerce module might be better.
                            I know there is a link on the mobile site to redirect to the regular site, but how many people actually see that link or click it.

What are your thoughts?

Comment

I don't know. I don't have an Iphone to check.
                              However, I have been of two minds about having the mcommerce.

Ipads are served the mcommerce site, however the browsing experience on an ipad is much better with a regular site. I believe more people "actually" shop on Ipads than on Iphones, so I am thinking not having the mcommerce module might be better.
                              I know there is a link on the mobile site to redirect to the regular site, but how many people actually see that link or click it.

What are your thoughts?
                              EDIT: SCRIPT BELOW MAY BE CAUSING A CONFLICT WITH THE CHECKOUT UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS. SUPPORT SUGGESTS NOT USING A MOBILE DETECT SCRIPT AND PUTTING A LINK ON YOUR SITE TO THE MOBILE SITE. LINK TO THE MOBILE SITE SHOULD BE mobile/home.asp

i agree.

the other option is to disable only the mobile detection script for iOS devices or just the iPad.

unfortunately, the mobile detect script is in a protected directory so you would have to do a work around

1. create a folder on the root level of your site called mobilejs, unzip the attached file and put it in mobilejs and upload the folder to your server

make sure it is there by checking it in your browser:
                              http://yourstoredomain/mobilejs/detect.js

2. replace the line of code to link to the detect mobile script with:
                              <script type="text/javascript" src="mobilejs/detect.js">

if you want to keep the original commented out code in addition to re-enable it later it would look like this:
                              <!--HIDE MOBILE<script type="text/javascript" src="assets/templates/common/mobile/detect.js"> </script>-->
                              <script type="text/javascript" src="mobilejs/detect.js">

Altering the code
                              If you look at the code below, you'll see where the script is looking for the userAgent, aka which mobile device to detect.
                              By putting in the // before the line, comments that line out.
                              Thus, you can comment out any other user agent by putting // before that line or removing the ones before iPhone and iPod once this bug gets sorted out, which i hope is soon.

I also put a link to the Mobile site on the footer links by going to Site Content, create an extra page and create a link to:
                              http://yourstore.com/mobile

good luck

var pagename = escape(window.location);
                              var sPage = pagename.substring(pagename.lastIndexOf('/') + 1);

var showfullsite;

showfullsite = get_cookie("showfullsite")

if (pagename.search("view_full_site") != -1) {
                              set_cookie("showfullsite", "1");
                              showfullsite = 1;
                              }

if( navigator.userAgent.match(/Android/i) ||
                              navigator.userAgent.match(/webOS/i) ||
                              //navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i) ||
                              //navigator.userAgent.match(/iPod/i) ||
                              //navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i) ||
                              navigator.userAgent.match(/Opera Mobi/i) ||
                              navigator.userAgent.match(/Opera Mini/i) ||
                              navigator.userAgent.match(/BlackBerry/i) ||
                              navigator.userAgent.match(/Nokia/i) ||
                              navigator.userAgent.match(/SymbianOS/i) ||
                              navigator.userAgent.match(/Windows CE/i) ||
                              navigator.userAgent.match(/BenQ/i)
                              ){

if (showfullsite != "1") {
                              window.location = '/mobile/' + sPage;
                              }

}

function delete_cookie(cookie_name) {
                              var cookie_date = new Date(); // current date & time
                              cookie_date.setTime(cookie_date.getTime() - 1);
                              document.cookie = cookie_name += "=; expires=" + cookie_date.toGMTString();
                              }

function set_cookie(name, value, exp_y, exp_m, exp_d, path, domain, secure) {
                              var cookie_string = name + "=" + escape(value);
                              if (exp_y) {
                              var expires = new Date(exp_y, exp_m, exp_d);
                              cookie_string += "; expires=" + expires.toGMTString();
                              }
                              if (path)
                              cookie_string += "; path=" + escape(path);
                              if (domain)
                              cookie_string += "; domain=" + escape(domain);
                              if (secure)
                              cookie_string += "; secure";
                              document.cookie = cookie_string;
                              }

function get_cookie(cookie_name) {
                              var results = document.cookie.match('(^|;) ?' + cookie_name + '=([^;]*)(;|$)');
                              if (results)
                              return (unescape(results[2]));
                              else
                              return null;
                              }
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by brokenyolk; 11-20-2011, 12:38 AM. Reason: possible conflict in script

Comment

Working...
                              X