Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog Access for non-employees?

Fellow 3D Cart folks,

One of the reasons I chose this platform is the built-in blog, an excellent feature. The key to it being effective is good content, and I have several customers, friends, people I give discounts to, etc that I have lined up to contribute content. These are more casual relationships, not really part of the business.

I would like to be able to give them access to the blog for posting, but NOT to any other part of he store admin. This would be Admin Home > Social Commerce > Blog > Articles. Can this be done?

If not this seems a good feature request - "Social User Permissions".

BP

administrator access

I have not tested this but this is where I would start first - check the administrator options under settings/adminstrator - you will have to create a new user and assign permissions. I only glanced at it but this may be your starting point. Good luck

Originally posted by Brtp4 View Post

I would like to be able to give them access to the blog for posting, but NOT to any other part of he store admin. This would be Admin Home > Social Commerce > Blog > Articles. Can this be done?

If not this seems a good feature request - "Social User Permissions".

BP

Comment

Yes, I know how to set up new users and permissions. Configs available to fit sales staff, designers, product management, etc. But there is not an available configuration that would allow someone access to the blog only, and not to any of the other parts of the back end.

BP

Comment

Bumping this, just in case....will move to feature suggestions shortly.

BP

Comment

Access for non-employees

Hi,

Online Document Sharing - examples of online document sharing which are free of charge are Google Docs or Microsoft Office Live Workspace. These online documents allow sharing of files among clients and contractors and other non-employees to access specific files without access to your entire business intranet.http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-smile.gif

Comment

Working...
          X