How to use payment confirmation message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use payment confirmation message

Can anyone tell me how to use the payment confirmation messages? If you're not sure what I am talking about, you will find them under each payment method. There is a text box titled: "Confirmation Message: (Displayed after the order is placed)". The only problem is that I have no idea how to make them appear. I am trying to make an offline payment method for money order. When the customer selects this option, I want a message that appears on the checkout4 screen to give them brief instructions on how/where to send their payment.

Does this sound doable? I've looked through the original common templates and cannot find any call tags that look like they reference these fields. Maybe I've misunderstood their use. Please, someone set me straight if this is the case.

Doesn't this just show up after the transaction is completed? Have you tried going all the way through an order using the Money Order payment method?

Comment

Unfortunately not. I have gone through the checkout process and the message does not show up. After I select the money order payment option on step #3 and click submit, it brings me to the checkout #4 screen where my generalized 'Thank You' message shows up.

I would assume that any calls to the payment confirmation message would need to be in the checkout #4 template somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out how. I thought that I may have deleted this code when I was modifying my templates, but I don't see this code on my original copy either.

Comment

Just took a quick look at my checkout step 4 file and don't see anything that jumps out at me.

Have you submitted a ticket for this?

Comment

I just did. We'll find out soon hopefully.

Comment

Did you find out anything? I can't get my offline confirmation to come up either?
            Chris
            TC Life Safety
            TC Wireless

Comment

Working...
            X