Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth Question

Hello everybody:

Not sure if this is a right place, but I have a bandwidth question.

Over the past few days I noticed that the bandwidth bar on my dashboard is about 2/3 filled out. Why is that? What does that mean? Can somebody translate this into plain English?

Thanks for your help.

Uta:confused:

Do you have SMARTERSTATS installed? With that you can see in more details of your bandwidth usage.

Bandwidth can go up due to high traffic on your site, if you are doing a lot of work via admin panel. Traffic on your site also includes the bots that visit your site in order to index the pages.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by Littledogfashion View Post
      ... Over the past few days I noticed that the bandwidth bar on my dashboard is about 2/3 filled out. Why is that? What does that mean? Can somebody translate this into plain English?

Thanks for your help.

Uta:confused:
      The bar on your dashboard represents the bandwidth allocation for your specific 3dCart plan that you pay for each month. If you go over your allowed amount of bandwidth, you get extra charges tacked on to your monthly bill. So the goal is to get a plan that gives you the proper bandwidth you need to accommodate your store's needs without going over and paying overage charges.

Since we're near the end of the month and your bar is showing only 2/3 full, it sounds like you've got the right balance between your chosen plan and the bandwidth used on your account.

Comment

Elegant, Piaf:

Thanks for your fast responses. I appreciate it.

Piaf, so if I understand you correctly, the bar on the dashboard should fill as I go through the month. Is that correct?

Elegant, Smartstats is not installed. I am downloading the free version right now. Once I have done that, how do I connect it with my website?

Thanks,
        Uta

Comment

Originally posted by Littledogfashion View Post
          ... Piaf, so if I understand you correctly, the bar on the dashboard should fill as I go through the month. Is that correct?

Elegant, Smartstats is not installed. I am downloading the free version right now. Once I have done that, how do I connect it with my website?

Thanks,
          Uta
          Yes, the bar should fill up as you progress through the month.

Regarding SmarterStats, it automatically comes with your store IF you have the $99.99/month plan or greater (http://www.3dcart.com/pricing_promo.htm). It's advertised on their plan page as "Enhanced Statistics". I think that's the one Elegant was referring to. However, 3dCart doesn't automatically INSTALL it for you (or at least they didn't when I started my cart almost 2 years ago). You have to ask them to do it. So if you have one of the higher dollar plans, ask 3dC support to install it for you.

Comment

Working...
          X