Coupon tied to Gift Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupon tied to Gift Registry

Is there a way to tie a coupon code to a gift registry? For example: Create a gift registry and your friends and family can enjoy a 10% savings when they purchase a gift on your list.

I don't see how to tie a coupon in with a specific function.

Thanks
    Marsha,

are you meaning a discount that would automatically apply when a product is added to the cart?http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-redface.gif

Comment

Originally posted by satnavcompany View Post
      are you meaning a discount that would automatically apply when a product is added to the cart?http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-redface.gif
      Do you ever have a solution or do you just ask a question about a question to post?

In answer to the question. You can create a promotion with a specific coupon code and supply that to the user creating the list. They in turn can supply that to their friends and relatives.
      David
      David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Originally posted by InsnWizard View Post
        Do you ever have a solution or do you just ask a question about a question to post?

In answer to the question. You can create a promotion with a specific coupon code and supply that to the user creating the list. They in turn can supply that to their friends and relatives.
        Thank you David. Do you know if I could add the coupon code to the auto email that is sent to both the gift list creator and their invited friends. I believe I could add this in store language but just now learning about that area. I know I asked a lot of questions. So new at this and appreciate help.
        Marsha,

Comment

If you are going to use a common code for all gift registries then yes. You would have to have an expiration far enough out that it encompasses all registries.

If you want the code to be specific to a given registry for tracking purposes then no.
          If you make it specific to a registry then you can have an expiration date that matches the registry.

The problem with the common one is that you could have an expiration of say 12/31 and someone creates a registry that has a 2/1 date. The coupon would expire at years end. If you extend the date then you extended the coupon for all registries.
          David
          David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Working...
          X