No announcement yet.

anyone using stone edge order manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone using stone edge order manager?

does anyone use stone edge out there? our integration seems to have problems. we tested order status change and it worked fine. however when in production we saw errors stacked up in the stack controller. stone edge tech says it's product not found, but the part is there w/ the same SKU.

any ideas?

It has been several years, so I don't exactly remember how we did it, but I do seem to recall that even if the product has the same name, it can have a different number--the number that is assigned to it in 3dCart, I think. Not a sku, but an internal number. Sorry that's not much help, but it might be a small thread to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by rrw View Post
      It has been several years, so I don't exactly remember how we did it, but I do seem to recall that even if the product has the same name, it can have a different number--the number that is assigned to it in 3dCart, I think. Not a sku, but an internal number. Sorry that's not much help, but it might be a small thread to follow.
      we're using sku and it sure not working...but how would stone edge know which number to use. i've emailed 3dcart support see what they have to say.

thanks!

Comment

I do know that if you manually create a product in 3dCart, and manually create a product in SEOM, they will not link up as the same item even if they have all of the exact same information. I learned that the hard way several years ago. The explanation that I got was that 3dCart assigns a "catalog ID" or "Product ID" to all of your products, so you must create them in 3d, then import into SEOM, in order for them to sync up. That may not help at all, but just a thought. Good luck!

Comment

We moved from a different cart to 3dcart, while using SEOM. We uploaded all our products to 3dcart, and the inventory synchronizes just fine matching SKU numbers. We have been on 3dcart for five months with no problems.
          I assure you we did not have to import the Catalog ids into SE.

to trouble shoot:
          -Create one product on 3dcart, and a corresponding product on SEOM with the same SKU.
          -Change the QOH in SE. Open the stack controller, and copy the "long data" field. See in there what SE is sending to 3dcart
          -See if the inventory changes in 3dcart on this one item. if it does, then your setup is fine.
          -Check your SKUs in 3dcat, do they have extra characters, spaces, etc?

Comment

I just tested this by creating a product in 3dCart via the admin panel, and gave it the SKU and product name of "TestUpdate-1111". Created a new product in SEOM, did the same thing. Changed the QOH in SEOM and when I used the stack controller, I got the "item not found" error message. For some reason SEOM adds a "~1" to the sku, so it reads "TestUpdate-1111~1".

Comment

The tilde "~" is supposed to be there, it tells the web site whether to increase or decrease.
              I tested the same thing and this is the data:
              Code:
              code=&setiuser=XXXXXXX&password=YYYYYYY&setifunction=invupdate&update=1000~1
              My setup works.
              So my guess, is that your cart is setup wrong in Stone Edge. or Stone Edge is trying to update your old cart.

(note if you delete the cart in SE, all sales associated with that cart will be orphaned. Learned it the hard way.
              You can fix this by adding the cart again, and changing the cart number in the Carts table to the old number for that cart. This will re-associate the order back with that cart)

Comment

On second look, why does your update say "TestUpdate" whereas ours says "invupdate&update"?
                do you have yours in test mode somehow? I tried to find a setting, but I was not successful.
                please post an update if you find a solution.

Comment

TestUpdate-1111 was the both the name of the product and the sku that I gave the test product.

I'm not messin' with SEOM or my cart--afraid to open a new can of worms! LOL If I add a new product, I create it in 3d and then export to SEOM and it works fine. Just can't manually add a product to both ends and expect them to sync, even if their names/sku's are the same (and I swear I was told that was how it was supposed to work!)

Sorry to have hijacked this thread--I just thought it might have something to do with the originally posted problem. :)

Comment

Like elightbox, whenever we add new products to 3dCart, we just manually add them to SEOM using the same SKU number and everything matches up just fine. You DO have to make sure the SEOM settings are correct. Take a look at this thread (http://forums.3dcart.com/plugins-3rd...er-status.html) to be sure your event status updates are set up correctly in SEOM. In that thread, I detail the events and the status that work for us. Also, you have to set it up in SEOM that you want inventory control information passed on to your cart. That's done through SEOM's System Parameters. Search for "SynchQOH" on the System Parameters screen and make sure that is set to "True".

And one final thing... make sure you're using a 3dCart export for SEOM. When we originally purchased SEOM, we had a Volusion cart. So when we changed to 3dCart for our store, we had to purchase a new SEOM shopping cart license for the 3dCart store for $350.00. You need that to be able to export the data out of your 3dCart store into SEOM.

So those would be the three things to double check. The Status updates, the System Parameters, and the cart license you're currently using.

Comment

Just today, I added 64 products to both SEOM and 3dcart. Created PO's and received the inventory in SEOM and now my 3dcart store shows the correct inventory for all items.
                      Don't give up. The learning curve on SE is pretty steep, but once everything is setup correctly you will be better off.
                      If you add the items to 3dcart, they will not have vendor info, cost info, image info, and many other things when they come down to SE.]

SE should be where you control inventory, create PO's, receive inventory, reconcile invoices with PO's, etc. so you have to load all that info into SE

Keep bugging support at SE and they will figure it out. If first level does not help, contact Barney directly.

Comment

I'll chime in here and say we've been using SE with 3dcart for a couple years now and have never had any kind of problem like you are seeing, but the stack controller can be cranky sometimes. They have removed it and replaced it with a different, improved method for version 6 but if you are like us you don't want to make a major upgrade right before the holidays so that is probably not an option.

Call StoneEdge and open a ticket. That's what you pay your support contract for :D They will figure it out and fix it for you.

Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by lukiegames View Post
                          Call StoneEdge and open a ticket. That's what you pay your support contract for :D They will figure it out and fix it for you.
                          Of course, that's IF they pay for a yearly support contract.

Comment

Working...
                          X