Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Homepage Featured Items HTML possible?? ARG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Homepage Featured Items HTML possible?? ARG!

Why oh why..

I am building a fully customized frame.html and home.html and I want to display my featured products in a java slider in home.html. However when I use the <!--START: FEATURE_MENU--> and <!--END: FEATURE_MENU--> tags, 3DCart inserts a ridiculous HTML table based on the column and number of items settings in the store admin.

I want to pull in the featured items with <!--START: ITEM_TEMPLATE_0--><!--END: ITEM_TEMPLATE_0--> tags, but I HAVE to use them within the above referenced Feature_Menu tags, which screws up my layout because of the inserted HTML table.

ARG! I don't want to use the UGLY table format that is auto generated. 3DCart is sold with FULL HTML control.. Doesn't seem to be the case...

Ok, so I thought I bring in the items I need with the <!--START: TOP_SELLERS_BLOCK--> or the <!--START: NEW_RELEASES_BLOCK--> tags as a work around.. NOPE! They only work in the frame.html, not home.html. ARG!! When used in home.html they just display the raw tags.

Why can't I build my own featured item layout?? Why doesn't 3DCart have this as an option??

Please tell me I'm wrong.. :mad:
    Last edited by chillware; 11-01-2011, 01:49 AM.

If you have one of the paid plans, you can access the html for all your custom pages - now I’m only new to the whole html thing - but you should be able to put whatever html code you like into your custom pages without it showing up on the actual site (if that makes sense)http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-smile.gif

Comment

Originally posted by satnavcompany View Post
      If you have one of the paid plans, you can access the html for all your custom pages - now I’m only new to the whole html thing - but you should be able to put whatever html code you like into your custom pages without it showing up on the actual site (if that makes sense)http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-smile.gif
      ??? Seriously??? bunch of words !!
      Elegant Weddings +
      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by chillware View Post
        Why oh why..

I am building a fully customized frame.html and home.html and I want to display my featured products in a java slider in home.html. However when I use the <!--START: FEATURE_MENU--> and <!--END: FEATURE_MENU--> tags, 3DCart inserts a ridiculous HTML table based on the column and number of items settings in the store admin.

I want to pull in the featured items with <!--START: ITEM_TEMPLATE_0--><!--END: ITEM_TEMPLATE_0--> tags, but I HAVE to use them within the above referenced Feature_Menu tags, which screws up my layout because of the inserted HTML table.

ARG! I don't want to use the UGLY table format that is auto generated. 3DCart is sold with FULL HTML control.. Doesn't seem to be the case...

Ok, so I thought I bring in the items I need with the <!--START: TOP_SELLERS_BLOCK--> or the <!--START: NEW_RELEASES_BLOCK--> tags as a work around.. NOPE! They only work in the frame.html, not home.html. ARG!! When used in home.html they just display the raw tags.

Why can't I build my own featured item layout?? Why doesn't 3DCart have this as an option??

Please tell me I'm wrong.. :mad:

Just copying the block is not enough. Not all [tags] are available in all pages. However, [tags] that are available in frame.html can be used in home.html
        For an in-depth explanation of templates see here: 3dCart Template Reference Guide
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
          ??? Seriously??? bunch of words !!
          LOL! :D

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
          Just copying the block is not enough. Not all [tags] are available in all pages. However, [tags] that are available in frame.html can be used in home.html
          For an in-depth explanation of templates see here: 3dCart Template Reference Guide
          Anyway, yeah I've been all over that page and find it lacks some info as well. I'm pretty experienced at this stuff so it all makes sense. Try as I might I can't get Newest Items or Top Items to work in home.html. I even selected the entire <!--START: RIGHT BAR--> through <!--END: RIGHT BAR--> out of a stock templates frame.html and put in my home.html and it just displays the code blocks and doesn't replace the variables. However if I put the same code in frame.html it renders properly.

Comment

Originally posted by chillware View Post
            LOL! :D

Anyway, yeah I've been all over that page and find it lacks some info as well. I'm pretty experienced at this stuff so it all makes sense. Try as I might I can't get Newest Items or Top Items to work in home.html. I even selected the entire <!--START: RIGHT BAR--> through <!--END: RIGHT BAR--> out of a stock templates frame.html and put in my home.html and it just displays the code blocks and doesn't replace the variables. However if I put the same code in frame.html it renders properly.
            The code is in the frame. It is called upon by the home template. The stores here don't work like ProStores, They actually gave thought to building them.

It's not easy to pop the code around and make it work. Try the opposite approach. Start with a functioning template and work backwards adding your info.
            David
            David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Working...
            X