Contact Page Content Variable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Page Content Variable?

There is a field for "Site Content" on the "Contact Us" edit page (Settings > Design > Site Content > Menu Links/Contact Us/Content). What variable do we use (like "[CONTENT]" or something) to place that into the "contact_us.html" template?

The "Contact Us" is a template that is part of the links at the top of the page.
    It is pre-built with existing information from the store and formatted to gather the information.

You really don't have to do anything to it.

What are trying to do to it.
    David
    David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

OK... It's kinda confusing. We have a page under "Site Content" (Settings > Design > Site Content) called "Contact Us". It has a WYSIWYG textarea for "Page content", but I see the link is set to "crm.asp?action=contactus". I'm assuming that means that it uses the "contact_us.html" template, which doesn't have a place for "Page content". If I want to use "Page content", I need to leave the "Link" field empty, which would make it then use the "extrapage.html" template, which has a place for "Page content" but wouldn't utilize the CRM functionality. Is that right?

Comment

Contact us in an internal page available through the crm.asp call. Internall generated pages use the .asp call.

I created a page for my newsletter in site content. That is a created page and that will use the .html in the page.

I'm not sure why you are trying to create a page that is created.

If you have created a page that is contact us make sure you hide the original.
        In the kink field you will have to put http:\\storename.com is for sale or co-development! or net\contactus or contact us.html

All the other information from the original contact us would apply.
        David
        David's Gifts and Things

Comment

"Contact Us" has to be added to "Site Content", otherwise it won't show in your site's navigation. In fact, with CRM enabled, it is automatically added:

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=384

The reason I was confused is that there is a WYSIWYG editor under "Contact Us" that says "page content". I wanted to add some content, other than the information gathered from other parts of the CMS, but now realize (after finding the article above) that the "Page content" textarea isn't used when CRM is enabled.

Comment

You are really dedicating a lot of time to a page that is self-functioning. It's basically a simple in your face way for people to make contact without looking for the email address.

Some use it and others will use the crm feature. It doesn't really matter as long as they are making contact.
            David
            David's Gifts and Things

Comment

So how do I add contact info?

If the Contact page is generated automatically, how do I go about adding conact information. We have several 'local' offices to handle customer requests. Do I add them as departments in the CRM module?

Comment

Working...
              X