Prodct Image Thumbnails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prodct Image Thumbnails

Getting sick of 3dcart to be honest. Maybe I'm used to the free zen-cart which so far has been 10 times easier to setup and functions 10 times better. Anyways enough about my rant, lets get to my question.

I finally found out how to change my thumbnail size from 150x150 to the 150x450 I need for most of my products, but the thing is that not every product will be using this size.

See the way zen-car operates, is you don't even use separate thumbnail images. You enter one image, and it auto sizes it down to the image size you specify in the admin panel. In zen-cart I put the max thumbnail size can be 150x450 and it just resizes my single image down to the max to fit that, and if I have an image that isn't 150x450 it doesn't force a 150x450 area with gaps. It will just fill up the image space and size it to whatever size comes first, be it 150 wide or 450 tall.

Example. First link is my 3dcart store with thumbnails set to 150x450 and the gaps it forces, if the image if square it scales up to 150wide max then it shouldn't have large vertical gaps.
    1/2" inch Opening Shoes

and how it looks on my free zen-cart - 5/8 Inch Opening Stair Shoes for Balusters

To make it worse, if your image isn't as large as the image space you set, and you upload an image and it makes a thumbnail, it scales the thumbnail up to fit the size you set, so its all pixelated.

How can I set this thing so that it will display the thumbnails correctly?

You don't have to use the resized thumbnail. If you know a bit of html, you can change where ever the [thumbnail] is used, to [image1] and set the values for the width and/or height in the html code.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

That would probably be the best fix wouldn't it. Awesome thanks I didn't even think that was an option.

Comment

That solution works, but it requires you to change at least 4 templates that have at least 3 styles each...would be nice if 3dcart had a script that automatically makes the thumbnails from image1 so it doesn't have to be done manually.

Comment

Originally posted by oklahuma View Post
          That solution works, but it requires you to change at least 4 templates that have at least 3 styles each...would be nice if 3dcart had a script that automatically makes the thumbnails from image1 so it doesn't have to be done manually.
          This something that needed to be done at the beginning when the store is being setup.
          Settings>General>Store Settings | Products Settings :Thumbnail image size
          Elegant Weddings +
          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

That setting only applies to images uploaded via the upload tool and not images that are directly linked.

Comment

Working...
            X