Image "Stickiness"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image "Stickiness"

Has anyone ever had the 3dzoom "freeze" the page? I can't replicate it, but sometimes when the cursor is moved over the image the entire page is highlighted and freezes. I'm considering turning off the zoom feature because of this.
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com
    Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Yes, this seems to happen if you click on the image before the page fully loads.

Comment

Yes, the image zoom has intermittent issues. Sometimes that round circle just goes round and round and never stops. Whenever I contact support, they are so surprised as if they never heard of it happening. Of course it can't be replicated because it is intermittent.

Comment

image zoom

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
        Yes, the image zoom has intermittent issues. Sometimes that round circle just goes round and round and never stops. Whenever I contact support, they are so surprised as if they never heard of it happening. Of course it can't be replicated because it is intermittent.
        This was happening to my website as well. Mostly on IE browser. After bugging support over a months time, they finally acknowledged that it was an issue on some templates. They adjusted my listing page and said they would fix it for all on the next update. I would recommend that you submit a ticket.
        Marsha,

Comment

Mostly on IE browser.
          Not limited to IE, FF, Safari, Chrome.... any of them if the page is not loaded yet.
          Elegant Weddings +
          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
            Not limited to IE, FF, Safari, Chrome.... any of them if the page is not loaded yet.
            Not cool. Does it happen if zoom is turned off?
            kem
            AddressNumbers.com
            Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Just got 3dZoom and same issues...

I just got moved to a new server and was switched from Zoomify to 3dzoom. While I like the way 3dZoom works better because I only have to upload the photo once and not also to a second "Zoomify" folder, it is showing to be very problematic.

1st - Pictures freeze from time to time. It's random but I can imagine it would cause a customer to leave.

2nd - 3DZoom is not working for my site in Google Chrome. Only working in IE and who knows about the others, haven't had time to test yet. Why would this be? I can't imagine 3dcart would have us use an image zoom feature that doesn't work in various browsers.

3rd - Some pictures 3DZoom, some go back to Zoomify for me, it's weird & yes I have cleared my cache

4th - Sometimes, again random, sometimes the picture loads and just keeps loading and loading and loading.

How long have these problems been going on with 3dZoom and is 3dCart doing anything about it? Is it site specific or does it happen to everyone? This is not good, I hope there are solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
                this is because of when the trigger runs. if you'll notice on the bottom of your listing template ALMOST to the very bottom of the script block there is a timeout function. this function loads the first 3dzoom. by default it is set to load 1 second after the code triggers (which considering where this function is, would pretty much be equivalent to when the page is fully loaded.. almost)

if you are having problems with the page freezing, 3dcart recommends to push this timeout function even longer, changing the value to 1500 or even 2000 (2000 = 2 seconds) to give your page ample time to complete loading.

I don't see why they don't put it on a $(document).ready()

the problem you are seeing is the transition between the css properties that apply to the window (which are loaded in the header - almost instantly) that provides the hover states etc. and the javascript functions that controls mousein mousemove and mouseout functions (loaded at the end)

You can try loading the get() function sooner, just make sure it's at least far enough along for all elements to exist on page. Or try extending it out and see if the get() function clears all of the frozen states when delayed just a bit longer. There may be an unsightly frame for a quick second IF the customer mouses over the image right away, but it should right itself once the dom finishes.

I'm just spitballing, and may be completely wrong. I honestly havn't looked that much into it. It hasn't been a chief complaint amongst our customers.

Comment

Thanks, where do I do this?

I am technical, but only to a certain to a point. I know html and can get my way around the code on the pages and do certain things but I am not a programmer. I did customize most of my site but when it comes to code and functionality, I don't know that much. Can you tell me where I would find these settings in the code, what page, to be able to make a change like that?

Comment

I just went to the listing template and did a control-F to find "timeout"--only one located and it was set at 1000

Comment

yes its in the last few lines of your listing_x template file. increase it to 2000 and see where it takes you. if that still doesn't work, we'll try harder

Comment

The timeout script was missing - 3dcart added it - now worse

The timeout script was missing from my page. Not sure why but 3dcart added it today and set it to 2000. Now it freezes constantly, it's 100X's worse. This is killing me, it's mid DECEMBER, my busiest time of year and my photos haven't properly worked in over a week. Don't they test before they just add a script and leave it. My pictures are now barely functioning. Any advice tonight of how to fix this new mess? I will play with the script times and see if anything helps but some advice would be so helpful. I called tech support and the tech support guy couldn't really help, it was beyond him, and he was able to replicate all my issues.

Also, in Chrome, security errors are showing up when I view pictures from time to time. Sometimes the http: turns to https in red with a slash through it. This has been happening for some time and only happens in Chrome and I am always told by 3dcart that they can not replicate the issue.

Comment

Did anyone ever get a fix to this.

I changed to code with the syntax error from another thread but it still does it.

Seems to do it most when I click the image fast right after or during the page load.

Comment

No, still happens

This still happens, no matter what I do. I wonder how many potential customers we all lose because they don't wait for the page to load and the pictures freeze. I really hope 3dcart fixing this in this century!

Comment

Working...
                            X