Buy 1 Category A, Get 1 Category B Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy 1 Category A, Get 1 Category B Free

I am trying to figure out how to do a promo...

if someone buys something from category A (plush), they get 1 item (their choice) from category B (pattern) free. So if they buy 2 plush, they get 2 patterns of their choice free...

I get how to do this if it is specific items, but not if it applies to the whole category.

You can specify the category under Promotion Rules in the section , Applies if Products from these Categories are in the basket:
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

I already know the first half of the equation, but I can't figure out the second half of the equation

it keeps making EVERYTHING from category B, regardless of quantity free,so it's ending up buy A, get all of my category b for free, take all, run.

Comment

See the following thread:
        http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...promotion.html

You need to setup multiple promotions to achieve this. Needs a few trial and errors to get it going at first.
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

so what you're saying is that I need to set up 1 promo per individual pattern , or 40+ promos...and hours worth of work.

Comment

and it ALWAYS makes me proud to be a 3dcart customer when I waited 'in line' for online support, then it says next rep is mine... then poof, no reps,sorry. That makes a person want a different cart. It's not like it said no reps at first, no I waited 20 minutes...

Comment

I am about to pack up the website and throw it in the garbage...

Comment

You can do a lot worse than 3dcart. Sure it has issues and I wish they would fix fifty things I have problems with. But after my last cart, I am grateful for what we have. I will continue to ask them to strive to be better, but I have seen lots of the alternatives out there.

Comment

Working...
                X