Bug with Promotion System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug with Promotion System

I ran into this today, Cyber Monday, of all days.

When setting expiration dates for promotions there are two different rules:

1. if it is a coupon, the promotion will expire at midnight of the date specified.
    2. if it is a free item, the promotion will expire at midnight the day before.

So if you want the promotions to expire at midnight on 11/28/11, you would set coupon promotions at 11/28, and free item promotions at 11/29. Go figure!

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
    I ran into this today, Cyber Monday, of all days.

When setting expiration dates for promotions there are two different rules:

1. if it is a coupon, the promotion will expire at midnight of the date specified.
    2. if it is a free item, the promotion will expire at midnight the day before.

So if you want the promotions to expire at midnight on 11/28/11, you would set coupon promotions at 11/28, and free item promotions at 11/29. Go figure!

I know!! I figured this out yesterday when none of the orders that went thru in the morning didn't have the cyber monday promotion, I had to call and apologize and give them a refund of the equivalent discount.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Yes, I will be loosing money on shipping free product that was not included in the orders too :( Luckily we were so busy, lots of orders from yesterday remain un-packed and we can fix)

Comment

Working...
      X