Single Gift Certificate with different values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Gift Certificate with different values

Is it possible/smart to set up a single gift certificate, then choose the value in the dropdown? Or would it be better to set up individually valued gift certificates?

Originally posted by bfisher View Post
    Is it possible/smart to set up a single gift certificate, then choose the value in the dropdown? Or would it be better to set up individually valued gift certificates?
    You can create custom pricing gift certificate where the customer decides the amount:
    https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=451
    We have both setup at our store.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Gift Card

I created an eGiftCard with the Gift Certificate option selected and added different amounts in the options. I also created a regular GiftCard that can be sent regular mail, again using the drop down options for various amounts. Don't forget to select free shipping and no tax.

Gift Certificates | Lauren Mac
      Marsha,

Comment

LaurenMac,

On your regular gift card, how is that fulfilled on your site?
        And did you just buy generic cards with amounts or do you know of somewhere that will put logos/designs on cards?

Comment

LaurenMac,

On your regular gift card, how is that fulfilled on your site?
          And did you just buy generic cards with amounts or do you know of somewhere that will put logos/designs on cards?
          I manually generate a gift certificate in SETTINGS/PAYMENT/GIFT CERTIFICATES. Then, I manually make a card using a template I have created in Publisher and print on card stock. This works for me right now as I am not a huge store yet (positive thinking!) There are companies that manage and distribute for you. The Gap & Banana Republic use an outside source. You can find them on their website.

On a side note, I discovered yesterday that even though 3d has a form on the gift certificate product page asking for the recipient email, it does not send an email to the recipient, only the purchaser! And the recipient email does not show on the order so I have no way to send it to them. I have submitted a support ticket. Why have a form if it doesn't function?
          Marsha,

Comment

gift certificate emails

Originally posted by mac411 View Post
            I manually generate a gift certificate in SETTINGS/PAYMENT/GIFT CERTIFICATES. Then, I manually make a card using a template I have created in Publisher and print on card stock. This works for me right now as I am not a huge store yet (positive thinking!) There are companies that manage and distribute for you. The Gap & Banana Republic use an outside source. You can find them on their website.

On a side note, I discovered yesterday that even though 3d has a form on the gift certificate product page asking for the recipient email, it does not send an email to the recipient, only the purchaser! And the recipient email does not show on the order so I have no way to send it to them. I have submitted a support ticket. Why have a form if it doesn't function?
            Support has fixed the email bug for gift certificate email. All working now. Although, like other 3dcart generated emails, they sometimes end up in the purchasers or recipients spam mail. ugh!
            Marsha,

Comment

Working...
            X