Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One page checkout customization and other

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • One page checkout customization and other

    1. One page checkout goes to domain.3dcartstores.com/checkout_one.asp
    How do I keep it on my domain?

    2. I tried to customize it and copied checkout_singlepage.html template to the custom theme folder. BUt I guess I'm missing some other templates because 'Shipping information' part of checkout disappeared.
    What do I need to do to customize checkout?

    3. Still can't figure out how to change category and products page names so that they don't have '_c_N' and '_p_N' part

    4. To 3dcart - where is documentation I can find this kind of info. I can't really compare 3d to other carts since this is my first experience with ecommerce but so far I think documentation here is really lacking

  • #2
    Originally posted by sergit View Post
    1. One page checkout goes to domain.3dcartstores.com/checkout_one.asp
    How do I keep it on my domain?
    Settings>General>Store Settings : Secure URL
    (I don't recommend changing this unless you have a secure site for checkout and customer login accounts... etc)


    Originally posted by sergit View Post
    3. Still can't figure out how to change category and products page names so that they don't have '_c_N' and '_p_N' part
    For Categories: Products>Categories : Options : Custom File Name
    the "'_c_N' and '_p_N' part " is needed for multiple pages. If you have results for a category display that exceeds first page, the subsequent pages needs a way to display and distinguish the results.

    Originally posted by sergit View Post
    4. To 3dcart - where is documentation I can find this kind of info. I can't really compare 3d to other carts since this is my first experience with ecommerce but so far I think documentation here is really lacking
    I know this is asked for 3DCart, but I can tell you their documentation is quite impressive compared to many other eCommerce providers i have used in the last decade.
    Most docs can be found : 3dCart Support Center
    knowledge base : 3dCart Support Center
    template Guide : 3dCart Template Reference Guide
    The forum is pretty helpful too.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
      Settings>General>Store Settings : Secure URL
      (I don't recommend changing this unless you have a secure site for checkout and customer login accounts... etc)

      Understood. Will keep it the way it is for now

      2. How to customize one page checkout template??

      For Categories: Products>Categories : Options : Custom File Name
      the "'_c_N' and '_p_N' part " is needed for multiple pages. If you have results for a category display that exceeds first page, the subsequent pages needs a way to display and distinguish the results.

      Thank you. If for category1 there is more then one page of products I'm getting .../category1_c_7.html for first page and .../category1_c_7-2-0.html for second. I don't see how _c_7 part is benificial

      I know this is asked for 3DCart, but I can tell you their documentation is quite impressive compared to many other eCommerce providers i have used in the last decade.
      Most docs can be found : 3dCart Support Center
      knowledge base : 3dCart Support Center
      template Guide : 3dCart Template Reference Guide

      The forum is pretty helpful too.
      This documents are helpful for basic functionality. For more serious customization if I don't want my site to look like another cookie cutter they are pretty much useless.
      Forum is the place that is helping the most so far.
      Thank you again :)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sergit View Post
        This documents are helpful for basic functionality. For more serious customization if I don't want my site to look like another cookie cutter they are pretty much useless.
        Forum is the place that is helping the most so far.
        Thank you again :)

        No eCommerce provider will share their intellectual property freely. If you need a different template, you can purchase that (just like any other cart provider); if you need custom coding that is also available by hiring a programmer from the cart provider (just like any other cart). With that being said, if you are a programmer that has the training in this field, the documentation is pretty helpful in pointing you in the right direction to come up with your own template or design.
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

        Comment


        • #5
          You have a point. I guess this is how this shopping cart business works.
          All this customization guys want to eat too. $199 for drop down menu? LOL
          I would expect such a basic functionality to be part of the package I'm already paying for monthly.
          I have no doubt I will dig into the code no problem. I've seen much worse (tables are a bitch though). It just will take a bit more time, that's all.
          I am going to try tech support with some questions to see how helpful they are.

          Comment

          Working...
          X