Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Add to Shopping Cart Problem on Product Pages!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Add to Shopping Cart Problem on Product Pages!

Hell0 fellow 3dcarters,

I'm having a serious problem. For some odd reason, I cannot add products to the shopping cart from the product item's page itself, but I can from the category page using the quick view. This seems to be happening only for products with options (as in different colors, sizes). For products without options I can add to cart from the product page.

What could be causing this little quirk and how can I fix as soon as possible?

Thank you,
    Fatuma
    Hydara Fabrics|Fabrics Textiles|Islamic Clothing|African Head Ties|African Fashions

P.S. Not sure whether or not it may be just my computer, but a customer was unable to choose the option they want and to add to the cart also.
    Fatuma Hydara
    Hydara Fabrics
    Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
    http://www.hydarafabrics.com

Also, my options are set to dropimage, but the drop images don't show on the site. Everything was working perfectly before and I didn't make any changes that could affect this. At least I don't think so. Please help!
    Fatuma Hydara
    Hydara Fabrics

Comment

Hi
      I did a quick check and I was able to add to cart from product pages and category pages.

Check your cookies to see if you have accidentally put yourself on block list.
      Elegant Weddings +
      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Really? I don't know why it's not working on my end. I tried clearing my cache and I looked at the cookies, but there is no block list. Deleted any cookies for the website anyway just to see, but it's not working.
        Fatuma Hydara
        Hydara Fabrics

Comment

Not working here.
          browser:Firefox

Product: Voile Lace, Flower Burst in Squares, 5 Yards
          Showed a color dropdown but only blue showed, cannot add to cart

Comment

Yes, mondo is correct.

It seems anything with a drop down choice cannot be added to cart.

Try reverting back the listing template changes, if you've made any.
            (make back up first, and every subsequent reversal - very important)

Also check your : Add To Cart Action in Settings>General>Store Settings
            Elegant Weddings +

Comment

That's why it's such a problem, as many of our items have dropdown options either for color or size. I'd also submitted a ticket to 3dcart and I was advised to revert the listing html also. And of course, they didn't warn me about saving it first and I didn't think of it on my own. What's done is done. However, even reverted to the original, I still cannot add products with options to the shopping cart from the product's specific page. Where else could the problem lie? Thank you very much.

~Fatuma
              Fatuma Hydara
              Hydara Fabrics

Comment

Also nothing out of place in cart settings in store settings.
                Fatuma Hydara
                Hydara Fabrics

Comment

see if support can help you figure out why your dropimage is not showing on product page, perhaps this could be the cause for the addtocart issue.
                  If I do a view source on your page for a product that has dropimage, it does show that the correct information is there, but not transferred to the spacer provided when an option is chosen.
                  Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Add to Cart

I successfully added a product to the cart. The dropimages are working too. I did notice that the text was "jumping" on the cart page, which seemed to indicate a javascript error. It may not be the javascript itself, but if a tag was moved or not closed just before it, that could be the problem.

Comment

Looks like it is working now, I was able to see the drop images and was able to add to cart on product pages with QuickCart.
                      Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Working...
                      X