Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the Coupon Code / Free Shipping issue going to get fixed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the Coupon Code / Free Shipping issue going to get fixed???

I seem to recall seeing where 3dCart was going to give us the option of deciding whether the calculation for free shipping (ex - free shipping for orders > $100) would occur before or after the discount is applied. Currently, it (incorrectly) is applied before the coupon is applied, which means if I have a product that has a regular price of $105, and the coupon takes the final sale price down to $65, then the customer still gets free shipping even though their total order amount does not exceed the threshold for free shipping. IMO, this is a glaring bug that should have been corrected a LONG time ago, and it should be a fairly simple fix. I have no choice but to use coupon codes because several of my manufacturers have MAP pricing and they do not allow me to set up one-click pricing, in other words, "add to cart for sale price".

Will someone PLEASE address this? I doubt if I am the only one who is tired of losing money on shipping!

Originally posted by BestCPAPprice View Post
    I seem to recall seeing where 3dCart was going to give us the option of deciding whether the calculation for free shipping (ex - free shipping for orders > $100) would occur before or after the discount is applied. Currently, it (incorrectly) is applied before the coupon is applied, which means if I have a product that has a regular price of $105, and the coupon takes the final sale price down to $65, then the customer still gets free shipping even though their total order amount does not exceed the threshold for free shipping. IMO, this is a glaring bug that should have been corrected a LONG time ago, and it should be a fairly simple fix. I have no choice but to use coupon codes because several of my manufacturers have MAP pricing and they do not allow me to set up one-click pricing, in other words, "add to cart for sale price".

Will someone PLEASE address this? I doubt if I am the only one who is tired of losing money on shipping!
    Is this what you want or have I misunderstood?
    Coupon codes are applied to products before shipping is added. If a coupon is applied to a product and this results in a product total under $100.00, the product's discounted price is used to determine the shipping cost.
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com
    Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

kem,

That is basically what I am asking for. The free shipping calculation should apply to the order total after any discounts are applied. The main reason I am offering the free shipping is to encourage larger orders, so why would I throw this away just because I give them a discount coupon? I have NEVER seen any other stores apply free shipping before the coupon code discount is applied.

Comment

Yep. Not a fun situation. It's the same issue with the promotional coupons having a default setting of "yes, go ahead and let the customers use as many coupons as they can, up to 999 coupons".
        kem
        AddressNumbers.com

Comment

This is a big problem and I also recall that 3dcart said they would fix this. I am not sure if it was on UserVoice or in this Forum.
          It does not make sense whatsoever to base the free shipping threshold on the amount before discounts.

Comment

Have you tried contacting support? They might need a little nudge to remind them about it.
            Nathan
            www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Support has been great at explaining existing functionality. However whenever it is a design issue, they recommend that we write a feature request in UserVoice.
              However, look at the quotes below from Uservoice and you will agree that we would be wasting our time there. It is amazing that there are no updates or communication of any type from 3dcart to us their customers.

RE:Automate the Google Product (base) Merchant Center Feed
              Gonzalo Gil (CEO, 3dcart Shopping Cart Software) responded

Great News! The scheduled shopping feeds request has been accepted and it’s already being included in our development schedule.
              I was just advised that MailChimp integration will be available on version 4 due out next month!

Thank you all for the suggestion and votes. I’ll be marking this as complete in order to give you all your votes back.

Comment

And here I thought I was the only one who noticed this.
                kem
                AddressNumbers.com

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you for the head's up about this issue!!! As a very new user I didn't know the calc. was configured this way... Yes, strange (and ugh!) that free s/h isn't calculated AFTER a discount is applied.

Comment

I too am somewhat baffled this simple functionality/calculation has not been corrected as yet?
                    As merchants in today's economic climate, we need every advantage tool at our disposal.

I believe this issue has been outstanding with 3dcart has been since 2010.
                    Continual improvement is not an impediment. Therefore I am looking forward to hear from the decision makers
                    why they feel this is not feasible at this point in time to implement this fix.

Regards,

Comment

We gave up on this one a long time ago. Coming out with new features seems more important that fixing all the bugs that exist. Sure, they will promise to fix it, but we've seen that how many times now?

Comment

I received the following statement when trading emails with someone from 3dCart concerning this:

"When asking around the system treats the Coupon as cash and can’t be adjusted or modified so yes you are currently stuck with this."

This sounds kind of strange to me. It seems to me that there should be a way to fix this. I don't see other sites that use other carts having this issue. We are losing money due to this bug, and it is cumbersome and intrusive to the customer to come back to them after the order is completed and tell them that we have to charge them for shipping after all. Alternately, dropping th free shipping would put us at a competitive disadvantage.

Comment

Very frustrating to hear that we're "stuck" with it - none of the other carts I tested had any problem with calculating this correctly. This is a must-have feature for me.

Based on the comment that coupons are treated like cash, it sounds like the coupon/gift certificate field is being treated like a payment method. Seems like splitting it into two separate fields, one for GCs, which ARE a payment method, and another for coupons, which are a discount, might resolve the problem.

Would love to hear from someone at 3dcart on feasability of this.... I just submitted this suggestion in a support ticket, and asked that it be forwarded to the developers - I'll post back here if I learn anything new in response.
                          Last edited by spardue; 06-18-2012, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Heard back from support on the suggestion I submitted - they said:

"I'll pass along your suggestion to our developers. This functionality is one that is requested frequently, so I'm sure it will be applied at some point in the future. I just don't have any time frame to give you for when it may be implemented."

Comment

Originally posted by spardue View Post
                              Heard back from support on the suggestion I submitted - they said:

"I'll pass along your suggestion to our developers. This functionality is one that is requested frequently, so I'm sure it will be applied at some point in the future. I just don't have any time frame to give you for when it may be implemented."
                              Hmmmm, sounds familiar.

Comment

Working...
                              X