Invalid phone order error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid phone order error

I have a customer who is receiving an "Invalid Phone Number". I'm unable to replicate the problem so can't present a solution.

Has anyone had this issue?
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com
    Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Originally posted by kem View Post
    I have a customer who is receiving an "Invalid Phone Number". I'm unable to replicate the problem so can't present a solution.

Has anyone had this issue?
    Is there buyer paying with PayPal? This has happened intermittently for several years now with PayPal. I was never able to reproduce it
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Phone Error

I have found that it may not be the phone number. If there is anything wrong with the info entry - adding a period, space, hyphen...it can throw an error. It can also happen when the phone number they enter is not the one the credit card company has on file.

Comment

I was able to replicate it partially.

I left off the phone number in the Shipping field. Received "invalid phone number" error message. But, when I entered it, it allowed me to continue.

On another thought, it was not an "invalid" phone number, it was a "missing" phone number. I think I'll need to edit that error message "Invalid phone number or missing phone number in either shipping or billing sections. Phone numbers must match the phone number on file with the credit card company". Wow. That's a long sentence. Any suggestions? I can't find it on design>System Messages.
        Last edited by kem; 12-10-2011, 02:11 PM.
        kem
        AddressNumbers.com

Comment

This sounds like a paypal/3dcart integration issue. We had this problem when we first arrived here at 3d cart. I can't remember the exact fix, but we had to change a setting in paypal and this fixed the problem. Without this, some paypal customers would not be able to checkout b/c a 'phone number' error.

Hope that helps!

Rob

Comment

I had this issue and it is caused by PayPal not requiring the phone number when 3dcart requires the phone number.

You can either set PayPal to require the phone number or your can remove the phone number requirement (see thread at http://forums.3dcart.com/new-feature...quirement.html)
            Nathan
            www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Originally posted by yourcablestore.com View Post
              I had this issue and it is caused by PayPal not requiring the phone number when 3dcart requires the phone number.

You can either set PayPal to require the phone number or your can remove the phone number requirement (see thread at http://forums.3dcart.com/new-feature...quirement.html)
              We do not offer PayPal. So, it could be non-paypal related. Thanks for the link to remove phone number requirement. The * still shows next to phone number, but that shouldn't be an issue.
              Last edited by kem; 12-26-2011, 07:37 PM.
              kem
              AddressNumbers.com

Comment

Phone Number

I have had this problem occur over and over, probably once a week. 3DCart says it's a PayPal problem and PayPal says it's a 3D problem.

No option in PayPal that I can find for phone number.

Comment

There is a support article on this:

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...express-orders

Basically you need to ensure that on Paypal you turn on an option which passes the phone # of the user back to 3dcart. Without this on, paypal doesnt send the phone # and there will be an error @ checkout.
                  ----------------------------
                  Gonzalo Gil
                  3dCart Support
                  800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Working...
                  X