Sorting Invoice/Packing Slip by ProductID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting Invoice/Packing Slip by ProductID

I've searched & searched here & cannot find an answer... We have many, many items & most orders we currently receive contain several line items.

- Is there anyway you have found to configure your Invoice and Packing/Picking slips to sort by ProductID??

- Any successful work-arounds been found/used?

I have a hard time believing this cannot be done... Many businesses (I would think) have a lot of products they have to pull when picking an order.

Our current chintzy system even allows for this function!!!!

THANK YOU for any help you might be able to give me.

-------------------------
    Below is what Support wrote today :
    Hello,

Unfortunately the system does not have the ability to sort the items in a different way before printing out the invoice and packing slip. The packing slip and invoice will simply show the item in the order they were added to their order.

Thank you for using 3dcart.

David Murray
    3dcart Technical Support

I hadn't thought of doing this but now that you mention it, this could be handy.

If you have your product organized by SKU you simply go down the order of the packing slip instead of bouncing around.

Comment

This HAS to be a rather simple fix on 3DCart's side I would think...

You can already sort the products list database I see by clicking

Thumb ID Name Price Actions

You should be able to do this when calling up the orders/invoices....

I'm dreading having to 'hop' around the warehouse now while pulling / picking orders. Nearly a deal-breaker!

It's a REAL bummer that this is not a very basic (6-sigma-ish) function that's already built in....

Comment

This is actually possible. You have to remember that the template for this page is basically HTML, so anything we can do on an HTML page we can usually accomplish on the template, and therefore the output page.

This can be done via javascript or as I've done with a jquery script. The issue with javascript is it will not allow us to set a preferred sort column, where jquery will. I first did it with javascript, and then redid it with jquery as I wanted the default sort.

You can see a video of the sort here (note I am sorting first by manufacturer and then by manufacturer number, but I have not gotten those fields filled yet)

2012-01-17_2037 - rtysmith's library

I used the jquery from jQuery plugin: Tablesorter 2.0 to make this work. I moved the necessary files from tablesorter into my asset file and linked to them from the template page. Most important, and where I almost got stuck and gave up, is the use of <th> tags for the header row vs. <td>, as well as including the necessary tabs to make the table work, and the script calls.

With basic HTML knowledge, you should be able to do this yourself; however after fine tuning and testing and trying for 3-4 days, I think I got it done now and could probably do it next time in a couple of hours, so feel free to PM me if you'd prefer to hire vs. learn yourself.
        Last edited by rtysmith; 01-17-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X