Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having problems processing AMEX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having problems processing AMEX?

We have not been able to process any AMEX orders since Dec 12. Customer gets the following error message = "Your Credit Card cannot be charged at this time. Please try again later or contact us for additional assistance." The order never makes it to the "Not Completed" status, and no record of the transaction attempt shows up on Authorize.net. 3dCart thinks it is a gateway issue, but if it's not even getting over to Authorize.net, I don't see how that could be.

Anyone having this problem?

Oh well, I guess I'm the only lucky one! 3dCart is looking into it from their side, but so far they said that they can find nothing wrong in the setup. I also had Authorize.net double check from their side, and they said everything is set up as it should be. They affirmed that any transaction that is passed over to them should show up in a search, whether it is verified and submitted for payment or not. I tested this with several test credit card numbers, and the test cases with Visa or MC numbers go across to Authorize.net, but the AMEX transaction never show up, which indicates that they are never making it to the gateway. I do not have a "live" AMEX card or number to test with, but the test number should still show us if the transaction request is actuall making it across the interface to the gateway.

Does anyone else have any insight they can offer on this? We are losing sales daily due to this, and this is a bad time of year for this to happen!

Comment

This is very strange. If Amex was fine prior, then something clearly changed. I would start with putting in an amex number straight into the gateway. If that goes thru, you will know for certain the gateway is working. You just need to your hands on an amex card.

This would give you a solid starting point.

I wish I could be of more help. Good luck!

Rob

Comment

Rob, I did exactly that. I got a live card, and attempted to run it on my site. Got the error message, and the transaction never hit Authorize.net. Then i went to Authorize.net and ran a transaction on the virtual terminal with no problem. Right now I have 3dCart pointing the finger at Authorize.net, but the folks over there have checked it several times and everything looks fine. Something is keeping the AMEX transactions from ever getting to Authorize.net.

Comment

That is very strange. Here is a thought... try to open another 3dcart store and setup the gateway info and see if you can get this to work.

If you can, you will know 100% it is the communication between 3d and the gateway. If you can't, you are no worse off.

You may also just want to move to another gateway. This doesn't sound like it is going to get fixed any time soon. We have 2, a primary and a back up. Tomorrow, I would look to a back up solution to get it in place.

Rob

Comment

Do you have any suggestions on a good company to use for a back up?

Thanks!

Comment

We go thru Humbolt Bank and use 2 gateways...

epayUSA and Linkpoint. epayUSA is our primary.

If you need a contact at the bank, message me and I will try to get you one next week.

Comment

Resolved

It looks like it was caused by some type of internal bug in the software:

"The issue was caused by an internal glitch in the system, specifically on the Authorize.net integration module.
                It was solved and it's not going to happen again."

Comment

Amex

this sounds like a merchant processor problem - I'd contact them or dial into your amex merchant account on line - did you fill out the form late last year from amex and give them your EIN? could be a problem,

Comment

Originally posted by windycityparrot View Post
                    this sounds like a merchant processor problem - I'd contact them or dial into your amex merchant account on line - did you fill out the form late last year from amex and give them your EIN? could be a problem,
                    3dCart determined that the problem was on their end. They did some type of fix to resolve it - never did give me any details.

Comment

Working...
                    X