Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide reviews from product/category pages

Hello,

As a new online business, we've yet to get any product reviews and I think its disadvantageous that all of our products say "0 reviews", seems as if we're not selling anything.

Is there a way to hide the reviews, or number of reviews whule still allowing customers to GIVE reviews? Then when we have a nice number of product reviews we can reveal them again.

Thank you!

Best,
    Fatuma
    Hydara Fabrics|African Textiles|Islamic Clothing|Wax Prints
    Fatuma Hydara
    Hydara Fabrics
    Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
    http://www.hydarafabrics.com

reviews

don't over think this - just make sure you're sending triggered emails requesting reviews - they'll grow quickly

Comment

I use the automated email system to send a followup email to customers 45 days after their order is shipped (my products take time to try out) which prompts them to submit a review on products they purchased with an incentive of a discount code for their review submission. The discount code is included in the review approval email, so it's all automated.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        I use the automated email system to send a followup email to customers 45 days after their order is shipped (my products take time to try out) which prompts them to submit a review on products they purchased with an incentive of a discount code for their review submission. The discount code is included in the review approval email, so it's all automated.
        That's a great idea. Thank you! Does 3dcart provide a template for such an email, or I would simply create my own. Thanks.

~Fatuma
        Fatuma Hydara
        Hydara Fabrics

Comment

Originally posted by windycityparrot View Post
          don't over think this - just make sure you're sending triggered emails requesting reviews - they'll grow quickly
          Will do. Thanks!
          Fatuma Hydara
          Hydara Fabrics

Comment

Originally posted by HFabrics View Post
            Hello,

As a new online business, we've yet to get any product reviews and I think its disadvantageous that all of our products say "0 reviews", seems as if we're not selling anything.

Is there a way to hide the reviews, or number of reviews whule still allowing customers to GIVE reviews? Then when we have a nice number of product reviews we can reveal them again.

Thank you!

Best,
            Fatuma
            Hydara Fabrics|African Textiles|Islamic Clothing|Wax Prints
            Fatuma,

I think this is very good point that should not be overlooked. When you see a page loaded with 0 reviews that could add some anxiety to your visitors.

Does anyone have a script that will only display reviews (on the category pages) if the product has any?

Rob

Comment

review request email

Originally posted by HFabrics View Post
              That's a great idea. Thank you! Does 3dcart provide a template for such an email, or I would simply create my own. Thanks.

~Fatuma
              You can edit the email in Settings/Design/Emails and you will find it under Order Emails.

I started a year ago with no reviews and get loads now. The review request email goes out 14 days after an order and I edited it so the wording was my own voice rather than an impersonal standard request.

Glenda
              www.chocolatebaroque.com
              Glenda Waterworth

www.chocolatebaroque.com
              Elegant designs to inspire your crafting

Comment

Working...
              X