Problem with Daily Deal Promotion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Daily Deal Promotion!

Darn, I wish I wasn't posting this, but, the daily deals has just angered our first customer, and, frankly, I don't blame them one bit! We run the Daily Deal promotion and each deal runs only for 24 hours (daily! go figure) and resets each night at midnight, our local time (Eastern). Now, when you add a daily deal to your cart yesterday, Jan 09, 2012 the cart indicates that the Daily Deal promotion is valid: 01/09/2012 - 01/10/2012 !!!!!! This is definately misleading! Anyone know a way to correct this malfunction? This is really not true, as the promotion most certainly is not through 01/10/2012!
    Our customer said they visited our site on 01/09/2012, added the item to the cart and the promotion in their cart said it was valid through 01/10/2012, which did NOT happen when they went to checkout today! and they want the discounted price!
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Mark; 01-10-2012, 08:26 PM.

This is strange, because we run our promos from 8pm to 8pm and when you add an item to cart it says :

Daily Deal
    Valid from: 1/10/2012 8:00:00 PM - 1/11/2012 8:00:00 PM

Also, on the product page the timer shows the number of hours remaining.

What does yours say?
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Like I said, we run the deals ending each day at midnight, so, this obviously cannot be done. Shame, too, we didn't want the "DAILY" deal to appear as if it was two days long. Once again, we will be removing this "feature"...... :(

Comment

I know what you said, and I do understand it.
        Just wanted to figure out a solution, if I know what is shown on your website when a daily promo item is added to cart; I was thinking a custom coding will help.

Since yours say: Daily Deal
        Valid from: 1/10/2012 - 1/11/2012
        you might be able to show this with time as well, that way the customer knows it ends at a certain "time"
        Last edited by ElegantWeddings; 01-10-2012, 09:31 PM.
        Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Yes, thanks, it's obviosly a bug, but, we don't have the time right now to re-code it. Showing time doesn't correct the date issue. It did have promise, though, but, it's gone from our store until it works properly, as is many features.

Comment

in the view_cart.html template, we have the following code:
            Code:
            <td class="item" width="60%" align="left">[promotion_description]<br>
               <b>Valid from: [promotion_start] - [promotion_end]</b>
            </td>
            By adding a conditional statement using javascript, you can change it show just the valid date, instead of start and finish if it is the Daily Deal.
            Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Thanks!
              We may just remove the "Valid from - to" section and replace with "Valid Through" and remove the end date.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                Thanks!
                We may just remove the "Valid from - to" section and replace with "Valid Through" and remove the end date.

Remember this may not be suitable if you have other promotions, for example if you have a promo that runs for the entire month of January, it will say Valid through 01/01/2012
                This will show it occurs in the past and may confuse the buyer.
                Elegant Weddings +

Comment

I find the group deals annoying as I think this type of promo has jumped the shark.

You know how hard it is to explain to customers that the group deal didn't reach the tipping point?

Comment

Originally posted by BrigadeGames View Post
                    I find the group deals annoying as I think this type of promo has jumped the shark.

You know how hard it is to explain to customers that the group deal didn't reach the tipping point?

We use the "Group" Deal as a "Daily" deal with Min Qty set to 1.
                    Soon we will make it the "Monthly/Weekly Deal", so it is just a promotion that the buyer doesn't have to rely on others to purchase it.
                    Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Have you tried ending it at 11:59?

Comment

Working...
                      X