Heavy Bandwidth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Bandwidth

For those that don't know about this report it is a godsend for finding heavy bandwidth on your site. I check mine each morning (you can't view same day activity). I have mine saved as a favorite so it is easier to access...favorite being the folder in smarter stats

you will need smarter stats enabled on your store

go to
    Stats (on the top menu bar)
    Report Items>Visitors>IP Addresses
    sort by bandwidth

The data is presented in KB so 26,000KB is approx 26MB. Typically your IP address should be first due to the volume of screens that you or your employees are looking at during the day, uploading images, downloading files, etc.

From there you can copy/paste the IP address into the data mining link and then select "what are the top files requested by this ip address" Here you can "see" what they are viewing, downloading, etc the most.

Since I check mine daily I choose the prior day on the calendar, you can also change it to a week or month. i do this to catch small but persistent bandwidth hogs over a period of time....typically that won't show up on the top 5 or 10 each day but 6mb x 30 days = lots

I have found that if somebody is using a harvester that bypasses the IP security block on your admin console. :(
    Last edited by doberer; 02-02-2012, 07:04 AM.

Thanks Doberer.
    Where is the Data Mining link you are talking about? "From there you can copy/paste the IP address into the data mining link".
    The data mining link I see asks for a file name not ip address.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
      Thanks Doberer.
      Where is the Data Mining link you are talking about? "From there you can copy/paste the IP address into the data mining link".
      The data mining link I see asks for a file name not ip address.

Just paste the ip address in the File Path text box
      Elegant Weddings +
      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Working...
      X