Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I create a fixed-price discount for a product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I create a fixed-price discount for a product?

I've searched high and low and can't figure this out.

I'm trying to set up a GoSocial promotion on Facebook where I sell a product that retails for $130 for $50 once a certain number of people opt-in to the deal. They would then use a coupon code that is emailed to them at checkout.

Using the Promotion Manager, I can't find a way to create a fixed-price discount that applies to this one product. By a fixed-price discount, I mean I want to sell this one product for $50 only if a coupon code is entered.

The issue is that I have multiple-price levels, and if I run a dollar-off promotion to get the price down to $50 from the retail level (i.e. an $80 discount), someone in the wholesale group could conceivably enter the coupon code and get the product for less than $50.

Anyone have any thoughts about how this could be done?
    Chris
    TC Life Safety
    TC Wireless

Did you try the promotions manager?
    Under "Promotion Rules" you have " Applies if these Products are in the Basket".
    This can be used to have the promotion apply to this one product only.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

I would try that if there was a way to set a fixed price for all price levels. Unless I'm missing something, you can only set a discount as a percentage-off or a dollar-off amount - you can't explicitly set the discount price for one product and have it work for all price levels.

Thank you for the response all the same.
      Chris
      TC Life Safety
      TC Wireless

Comment

for that you can use " Fixed Price Product" under "Promotion Offers"
        Elegant Weddings +

Comment

I tried that too. The title of that field is a little misleading. A fixed price product means that the product you list here IS the discount. From the kb:

Fixed Price Product - This option will allow you to offer a product as the promotion offer. However, in this updated version, you will have some additional control of how the product is offered. In this new version, you can still make the product free of charge, but you will also be able to set it so that the product is made available at a fixed price. For example, an electronics store can offer a DVD at a special sale price when a customer purchases a particular DVD player.
          So without offering another product, I can't use this.

I thought the same thing when I first saw it. I tried it and couldn't figure out why when I added the product to my cart, 2 were added - one at the regular price and one at $50.
          Chris
          TC Life Safety
          TC Wireless

Comment

ah! right, you can't even use it when the product has options.
            I'm sure I did this before, I have to dig my brain a bit more.

Now, have you considered using the Group Deal? (But i don't think you can use a coupon code for that)
            Elegant Weddings +

Comment

That's a possibility I hadn't thought of. I was hoping to leverage GoSocial's marketing, but I may be able to set up the group deal through them and set it up on my side as well.

Hmmm...thanks for the idea!
              Chris
              TC Life Safety
              TC Wireless

Comment

Working...
              X