Select Default color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Select Default color

I apologize in advance if this seems like a dumb question/issue.

I am setting up a store that offers cabinets. There are 19 different styles or "colors", with about 400 parts in each style (color), all with a different price. Instead of creating each item separately, I thought that adding the 400 with the option to pick the style (color) from a dropdown would be much smarter.

I have gotten it figured out and have a template that works well, but my concern is that someone will select the wrong color by mistake. A typical order consists of about 20-30 parts. Each time an item is added to the cart, the color has to be selected, leaving a huge amount of room for error. If 1 part is selected wrong, it will be very costly. I would like to alleviate this as much as possible.

What I would like to do is have each Style as a Category (which it currently is) so that once a category is selected and the sub-category shows up with all of the cabinets, I would like whatever category that the user is in to be the default on the dropdown option. That way, they can simply click add to cart and not worry if they accidentally clicked the wrong color.

The only other way around this that I can see so far is to create an item for each product separately, which would be a huge undertaking.

Any and all help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

After doing a little more reading, I think that I am going to add all 4000+ parts via an excel import. I pretty much have all of the data normalized now, so I don't think it will be nearly as big a task as dealing with the dropdowns that I know will get me in trouble.

I'm still open to suggestions though.

Comment

Working...
    X