Category Description - 1st page only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category Description - 1st page only

I'd like to have an intro paragraph with each subcategory. But, I don't want it to repeat for every page in the subcategory (which has products). Is it possible to have it display only on the first page?

We use subcategories with descriptions.
    The description only shows on the main category page, when drilled down to the subcategory page only the products are shown without the description.
    We used the "Category Description" to achieve this not the "Category Header" field.

I am pretty sure we didn't do any custom coding to achieve this.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
      We use subcategories with descriptions.
      The description only shows on the main category page, when drilled down to the subcategory page only the products are shown without the description.
      We used the "Category Description" to achieve this not the "Category Header" field.

I am pretty sure we didn't do any custom coding to achieve this.
      The subcategory description does not show up. Could that possibly be a store setting display option? I looked at your site (very nice) and noticed that you have subcategories displayed together whereas my subcategories are on separate pages with products under each subcategory.

Take a look at Bookmarks. That's how mine is setup. But there is no text under the subcategory Bookmarks. Could you try to enter text in the description there?