Create a Sale & Show Sale Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a Sale & Show Sale Price?

Example of what I would like to do: Have a 20% Off everthing sale, and have the sale price show on each item without going into each item to do it.
    I can see how to do it individually, but I have over 300 items, is there a way to do it globally instead?
    Thank you!

I think you could use the Price Editor which can be found at Products->Price Editor

If that doesn't work you may be able to do it with Products->Multiple Update

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks, I will check that out...

Comment

Doesn't work thru those avenues. A box needs to be checked that it is on sale also. I think I may be SOL.......

Comment

ON-sale is available as one of the choices in multiple updates. Just enter 1 to activate the sale on that item.

You can also create a custom export set with a few fields including on-sale, price, and sale price. Quickly change on-sale to 1, and do a formula for the sale price =.8*price, save as CSV and re-import (update only). The whole process should take less than five minutes.

Caveat: Do a full export of your products before you do any spreadsheet editing. If you mess things up, you want to be able to restore from a fresh export :)

Comment

Originally posted by DCRCreations View Post
            Doesn't work thru those avenues. A box needs to be checked that it is on sale also. I think I may be SOL.......
            It would appear that way but thankfully it does work. Have you tried it? We put hundreds of items on sale often and use the price editor to do so.

Simply set the sale price of the category and when the sale is done, set the sale price to be equal to the 'price' and this will remove the sale.

Rob

Comment

Working...
            X