iPhone app?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone app?

Does anyone have any news to share about the iPhone app that was announced back in April of 2010? Any idea when this app will be available to all of us iPhone users? It's been nearly 2 years since the announcement and it was listed in the features up until November or December of 2011. Now it's gone from the feature list and there's no new info or news posted anywhere.

We do lots of work from the road and it would be great to have iPhone access to the CRM and Order management pages as well as simply having mobile notification of order placement.

--
    - Jeff
    The Graffiti Print Shop

Just another empty promise.

Comment

Originally posted by wcsjohn View Post
      Just another empty promise.
      I seriously hope not. I left Volusion because of empty promises and went to AbleCommerce. After spending several tens of thousands of dollars on building a customized AbleCommerce 7 site I found that the admin was garbage and the store front was miserable and clunky for customers to navigate with efficiency. So, I looked, and looked, and looked and finally found that 3dcart had matured a lot since I had looked at it a few years back. I'm quite happy with nearly everything, so far. However, I was told by a 3dcart sales person back in November 2011 that the iPhone app (as previously seen in the features list) was going to be released in the first couple of months of 2012. We're now nearing the end of the first quarter of 2012 which puts this iPhone app nearly 2 years late after its initial announcement. That's a real shame. There are now other carts that have iPhone apps for the sole purpose of supporting the HUGE user-base of iPhone clad store owners and administrators.

Anyone at 3dcart want to chime in? Sales guy or gal? Forum moderator? Anyone..?

Comment

I believe what you saw is the following: (Which was a new feature last year)

3dcart mCommerce| 3DCart Shopping Cart Software mCommerce
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
          I believe what you saw is the following: (Which was a new feature last year)

Nope. What I saw was definitely a screen shot of the CRM and the admin as well as an explanation of what it was all about. There was also a blurb about finding the app in the iTunes App Store. It was a pretty serious bit of hype for a feature that didn't exist. Then it disappeared and has not been seen again since.

Comment

Watch the video on that page. That's the only information about a mobile store that we have ever released.
            ----------------------------
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
              Watch the video on that page. That's the only information about a mobile store that we have ever released.
              I remember seeing that video back at the end of last year also. Seeing as it is still shown on the site I'd love to know how we access the mobile admin interface that is shown in the video? Is there a separate app such as the one shown in the video and on the screenshot next to the video?

Comment

Settings, general, store module You'll see mCommerce under Make an Offer section Is that what you're asking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
                  Settings, general, store module You'll see mCommerce under Make an Offer section Is that what you're asking about?
                  No. I have that enabled which allows visitors on mobile devices to see the store in its proper mobile view. What I'm looking for is the mobile admin as seen here:

Comment

click on change settings and it will show you the mcommerce url and the mcommerce mobile admin url/login page. Log in like you normally do and you'll have your mobile admin

Comment

click on change settings and it will show you the mcommerce url and the mcommerce mobile admin url/login page. Log in like you normally do and you'll have your mobile admin
                      So I just logged in via the mobile admin and there are none of the icons at the bottom of the page like those shown in the preview image from the link in my previous post. There's no way to access products, orders, customers, CRM, or search from the mobile admin. Looks like it's half baked and not ready for prime time. Go figure...

Why can't any of these ecommerce companies get their sh*t together and make good on their marketed features, and benefits. I'm tired of being a public beta tester for a product that I pay good money to use.

Comment

That's odd. I have a crap little Optimus V Virgin mobile android 2.3 and I have the icons?
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's odd. I have a crap little Optimus V Virgin mobile android 2.3 and I have the icons?
                          Do a search on the forums and you will find that the mobile version here has been buggy and broken for quite some time and people have turned it off because of that.

Comment

So now that we've covered that the mobile version is problematic at best...

When can we expect to see the App that was announced on these very forums back in April of 2010?

Comment

We have had our mobile site turned off for since the Iphone update last fall. I think it is IOs5, but I am not an Iphone guy. I know there were problems. There were also problems in the checkout on Android.
                              It is like most features on 3dcart. Introduced with some functionality but still has lots of flaws and problems.
                              I am most appreciative of this cart, and it is amongst the best out there, but it can be so much better if there was a system in place to listen to feedback and to fix existing features.

Comment

Working...
                              X