Template Names - Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template Names - Detective

How do we tell which template.html to modify? For example, I want to modify the customer registration to comment out the Tax id. Which template is it?
    Registration_0.html
    Registration_1.html
    Myaccount.html
    login-account

I called Tech Support and she said it was checkout-step1.html. I asked her how she figured it out and she said that she asked someone.

In other words, is there a way to tell what template is being used when looking at it on the store? Sometimes the code is very similar and it sure would save time rather than opening it. The html header doesn't show it.
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com
    Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

I think i thought of a solution. You could go in each template, put the name of the html file at the top and comment it out. Then, when looking at the source of a page, such as one for New Account setup, you'd be able to tell which html file it is. Is that what you gurus do?

Comment

Easiest Way

When you click on a live template, look in the address bar.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
        When you click on a live template, look in the address bar.
        Doesn't always work. For example "Create an Account" page shows register.asp

The actual template is registration_0 (although there is a registration_2 as well - which I'm not sure where that applies.)
        kem
        AddressNumbers.com
        Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Working...
        X