Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Parts/Conditional Options

Two questions in one post...

Does anyone know of an auto parts lookup module that could be integrated with 3dcart? E.G. one of the deals where you select >Year, then >Make and based on that >Model and then it shows items that fit that.

Alternately, how about a conditional option module/search module where lower levels of options are dependant on the upper ones. E.G. WE only have sizes in Yellow Widgets, Not Blue. So, if the customer selects "Yellow" they have the option of selecting a size, but if they select "Blue" they don't get the size info.

Thanks,

DaveW

Originally posted by DaveW View Post

Alternately, how about a conditional option module/search module where lower levels of options are dependant on the upper ones. E.G. WE only have sizes in Yellow Widgets, Not Blue. So, if the customer selects "Yellow" they have the option of selecting a size, but if they select "Blue" they don't get the size info.
    I will shed some light on the second question:
    What you are asking is called "Daisy Chain", this option is not yet available on 3DCart. Do a search on this forum for the phrase "Daisy Chain" you will see several discussions about it.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Duh on my part. I knew it had been discussed but just couldn't think of the term used.

DaveW

Comment

I called about the yr mk model search as I run and build automotive parts sites. They actually have the code built on a site here but If I want it I need to start it from scratch. (ridiculous $$$) I requested to modify the search.asp file and All that needs to be done is a Slight tweak in the file and its good to go. But they said NO. so I have to let the customers decide to use 3dcart or build something else. It is a shame this is not offered as there is a huge industry to automotive Parts that relies on that type of search and it is an easy file build.
        Want 1000 Facebook Likes or Shares? G+1? Tweets? 3Dcart Design and Tweaking - Product Data Solutions - Custom Excel Upload Sheets - SEO Services - FREE Blog Hosting.

Comment

Working...
        X