Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Facebook log in feature

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Facebook log in feature

    I'm a little surprised to see 3D Cart selling the new facebook log in for $275 when 2 other similar carts recently introduced it as a standard feature but wondering if anyone has installed this. Any feedback on it??

  • #2
    I can't believe they are trying to sell it either. Like you said, it's a standard feature on other carts. In fact, I don't know of any other cart that's trying to charge for it.

    Seems like something that should be included, not an upsell.

    Comment


    • #3
      well they sell the pinit button for $199.00 and the social plugin sucks they got but I have solved that problem. I am still testing areas for location on the product pages but it looks like this so far >>> Vogtland Audio Suspension Kit BMW 3 Series 1999 - 2005 961004AK

      I am adding a social slide bar with counts as well.
      Want 1000 Facebook Likes or Shares? G+1? Tweets? 3Dcart Design and Tweaking - Product Data Solutions - Custom Excel Upload Sheets - SEO Services - FREE Blog Hosting.

      Comment


      • #4
        I forgot to add to post that we are actually trying to solve this issue at a customers request. We will keep you informed of the outcome.

        I think it should be included in all of the plans.
        Want 1000 Facebook Likes or Shares? G+1? Tweets? 3Dcart Design and Tweaking - Product Data Solutions - Custom Excel Upload Sheets - SEO Services - FREE Blog Hosting.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TurnkeyDropshipBusiness View Post
          well they sell the pinit button for $199.00 and the social plugin sucks they got but I have solved that problem. I am still testing areas for location on the product pages but it looks like this so far >>> Vogtland Audio Suspension Kit BMW 3 Series 1999 - 2005 961004AK

          I am adding a social slide bar with counts as well.
          Much better look than what is provided standard. I like the location you have on that page. Obvious and not over-stated.

          Comment


          • #6
            If you can code it here is the link from Facebook for the Authentication via facebook. This is on my list of things to do; haven't had time to tackle it. I really don't believe 3DCart should be charging $249+ for this feature as it is standard pretty much everywhere else:
            https://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/web/#login
            Elegant Weddings +
            www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
            www.elegantweddingsplus.com

            Comment


            • #7
              I looked over their apps and looks like several items they are selling are standard elsewhere. I dont understand that. 3D is lacking in several key features so why hurt yourselves even more by not having the hot new app standard like the other carts. Why would someone pay for it here when its standard on the other cart they might be testing.

              Comment


              • #8
                im curious to hear a testamonial if any of you buy it...85% of my sales are thru facebook, would be nice to add that integration for customers to access us easier...what exact information does it grab from facebook? a ship/bill address at all? thats the only thing im concerned with is it grabbing 'old' info. if it doesnt grab anything but just gives them a quick login then that seems more feasible.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think it's worth the money

                  I tried coding this myself and failed miserably. I approached 3dCart about it a month or so back and asked if Facebook Connect was in the pipeline. They had just begun work on it, so knowing I would buy it eventually I purchased the app and had it installed on our store.

                  Once it was installed, I tested it and provided feedback (some of which was implemented) and honestly: I couldn't be happier with it.

                  We've been with 3dCart for 2 years and I've never had more customers register during checkout than since I installed the plugin.

                  Just my .02, but it was worth the money to me. You can see how it works on my site from the Login link (top right) or by adding something to your cart and going thru checkout (please clear your cart afterwards).
                  Chris
                  TC Life Safety
                  TC Wireless

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by shellyky View Post
                    im curious to hear a testamonial if any of you buy it...85% of my sales are thru facebook, would be nice to add that integration for customers to access us easier...what exact information does it grab from facebook? a ship/bill address at all? thats the only thing im concerned with is it grabbing 'old' info. if it doesnt grab anything but just gives them a quick login then that seems more feasible.
                    It pulls the name and email address. If they register from Checkout, it returns that information from FB into the ship to field.
                    Chris
                    TC Life Safety
                    TC Wireless

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Looks great. The only thing I don't like is that it pulls an e-mail that goes through Facebook : app+3i90aukqqe.1fpm2ec.25bc42137d1656638fcf13ed5f4 [email protected]

                      That is one long unwieldy e-mail address. And will Facebook start monitoring and editing our e-mails like Amazon Does??

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                        Looks great. The only thing I don't like is that it pulls an e-mail that goes through Facebook : app+3i90aukqqe.1fpm2ec.25bc42137d1656638fcf13ed5f4 [email protected]

                        That is one long unwieldy e-mail address. And will Facebook start monitoring and editing our e-mails like Amazon Does??
                        That's strange, I don't see that when I log in with Facebook Connect. It pulls in the typical email address format ([email protected]).
                        Chris
                        TC Life Safety
                        TC Wireless

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          May be it depends on the security settings of the user on Facebook!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Despite what the description said... your current customers will not be able to use the facebook login feature.

                            As usual 3dcart messes up the little things! It wont link someones facebook account to their current store account!
                            Last edited by NMTEACO; 03-29-2012, 10:44 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              True, but a dialog does pop up stating that you already have an account with the store. It would certainly be nice if there was a way to link the accounts, but I don't see this as a deal breaker.
                              Chris
                              TC Life Safety
                              TC Wireless

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X