Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move options BESIDE photo? or move description UP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move options BESIDE photo? or move description UP?

For instance, here is a product in my cart:
    Graphic Disorder Hat

Everything I sell is customized by thread color/type etc so there are alot of dropdowns on my products. They need to know what thread 1 and thread 2 stand for (ie. is thread 1 color meaning the text, or a shape, outline, etc)....so the "definition' of that is listed in the description. Problem being that the description is waaay down on the page. In fact I use a really high resolution monitor and it's off the page on my screen so I know for sure my other people can't see it without scrolling (which they may not know they need to do.)....

Some thoughts I had for a possible fix:
    ***Move options beside the photo, its taking up too much dead space, should be 2 columns IMO (would want this way first, would settle for the next 2)
    ***To be able to put the description BEFORE the dropdown options.
    ***To be able to "squish" the options into 2 columns, or 3 columns with the add to cart button as the 3rd column.
    ***open to ideas?

We're coming from open source carts, so I'm not sure this is even something i can do but it's worth a shot to ask--thanks :)
    Last edited by shellyky; 03-19-2012, 07:40 AM.

You can edit the layout yourself if you know a little bit of html
    Settings>Design>Template Editor ...

Or, you can try using a different layout other than the default. I believe your default is : listing_0.html
    Try others, you have a few options available. To accomplish this, Products>view/Edit.... Advanced tab: Listing Template:
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

I believe I used option 2 here >>> Vogtland Lowering Spring Kits Chrysler PT Cruiser 2001 - 2010 950307

but it still needed some modifying because nothing was on center with overall width I set the site at.

Plus now I have added a Pinit Button and some social bars... still in testing..
      Want 1000 Facebook Likes or Shares? G+1? Tweets? 3Dcart Design and Tweaking - Product Data Solutions - Custom Excel Upload Sheets - SEO Services - FREE Blog Hosting.

Comment

style 2 was exactly what I was needing! thank you guys. now if there was "bulk" way to apply it to all my products

Comment

You can either do it from the category level or export and import your item feed..
          I would rather control it from the item feed import side personally.
          Want 1000 Facebook Likes or Shares? G+1? Tweets? 3Dcart Design and Tweaking - Product Data Solutions - Custom Excel Upload Sheets - SEO Services - FREE Blog Hosting.

Comment

Ah i see it. Thanks again!

Comment

Found a problem...with layout 2, its making my dropimage image about 50ish pixels or so. i had it at 196wide... i changed a width in listing_2.html which was set on 50, under the dropimage section, but it didnt change anything...

Comment

You are on the right track with changing the max image width for the drop image, but Style 2 is actually listing_1.html (everything is one off on about every template).

Comment

That explains that :) Got it fixed up!

Comment

Working...
                  X