International Shipping - No State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Shipping - No State

I am trying to set up USPS Priority International shipping. It doesn't seem to be coming up as an option though when a International postal code is entered. I registered with USPS and entered in the username and password they sent me on the shipping settings page. And the country postal code I am testing is a country I ship to.

Am I missing something?

P.S. I was told by tech support that the shipping calculator on the shopping cart page only calculates for US zipcodes. Assuming this is correct, this seems to be a feature that should be upgraded.
    Last edited by SarahInc; 11-07-2007, 05:32 PM. Reason: figured out the answer to previous question. new question.

Just a little tidbit of info:

I recently received my first order from Canada. The order was automatically processed in the system like all of my US orders - with the exception of a note on the order in the shipping section stating, "Shipping will be calculated later".

I had to calculate shipping and then email the customer for approval. After all of the hassle involved with shipping internationally, I decided that my margins aren't big enough to justify the added work. Perhaps there's a better way than how I handled it.

Keep us posted on how it works for you.

Comment

there is a setting that states - allow for shipping to be calculated later. Did you by chance have that checked?

Comment

Yes, I did have that setting checked. Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even know it was there. If I uncheck it, I wonder what would happen.

I use Endicia for all of my shipping. I'm so used to just dropping my orders off at the Post Office without waiting in line. When I had to stand in a long line to ship the one international item and process the customs paperwork, I decided that my margins really are not high enough to justify the extra time in processing the orders.

But please let us know how it works for you. Maybe I need to just find a quicker, better solution.

Comment

Hey- can't you have your regular carrier pick them up? We do this daily, but maybe it's a volume thing? This includes international.

I dislike how a state can show up under a Canadian address. This often confuses the shippers.

Comment

ScribeTime - However you have shipping set up (by value, weight, realtime, etc)., should work and you shouldn't have shipping NOT calcuate later with the button unchecked.

Rungreen - State turns to territory for Canada orders - at least it does for me. I do have that problem though with countries that do not have territories. And yes, then it is really confusing for the buyer.

Comment

just a note... I ran into the same problem, and I emailed support, and they had to enable something to allow for int'l orders. Now it works fine. you probably want to do the same.

Comment

Working...
              X