Product available for phone orders only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product available for phone orders only

We have warranty loaner products which we need to track and take deposits for. What I would like to do is set them up as a product but only have them available to us to access during phone orders.

Tried setting up products that were not searchable and hidden but of course we cannot get to them ourselves.

Has anyone tried to do this or know of a way to set this up?

TIA

Hi Mueller,

This is very easy to do:

1. Go to view/edit product and select the product you'd like this to apply to.
    2. Tick the box "not for sale" under the product's information tab. (It's in the same area as non-taxable, hide, home featured, price, cost, etc.)
    3. Click save.
    4. Go to Settings > Design > Store Language.
    5. Look for Product > Availability-Notforsale. (You can also Push ctrl+F and do a search for the words "Not for Sale".) Change this text to something like, "In Stock. Call 1-800.555.5555 to purchase." or something like that.
    6. Click save.

That's it. When your customer sees the product on the front end, it will display a price. Next to availability, it will say "In Stock. Call 1.800.555.5555 to purchase." There will be no add to cart button for this product. However, you will still be able to sell the product to the customer manually via phone order and enter a custom price (your deposit, I'm assuming).

*I suggest if you're taking a partial payment to pull up the customer first and enter their credit card/payment info in the comments section of their profile (they can't see this) and save it. THEN start a phone order from the actions tab on the same screen. That way when you go to capture the remaining balance, you will already have the card on file.

Hope that helps!

Originally posted by mueller View Post
    We have warranty loaner products which we need to track and take deposits for. What I would like to do is set them up as a product but only have them available to us to access during phone orders.

Tried setting up products that were not searchable and hidden but of course we cannot get to them ourselves.

Has anyone tried to do this or know of a way to set this up?

TIA

Comment

Towen's suggestion is good, but it sounds to me as if you don't want it visible on the front-end at all -- is that true? If so, I think you can simply remove it from any category and check the box "Non-Searchable". It should still be available on the back-end (and by direct url on the front-end) but at least will not be found via browsing or searching on the front-end.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I should have been more clear in my original post that I did not want the customer to be able to see these products at all.

I have implemented the suggestions of mimib and it definitely seems to work for what I need; the customer cannot see it, at least with regular searching/surfing, and we can immediately see it in the phone orders.

As a note to someone else who may find this thread, I am not sure if this would work well for us if we utilizing any dynamic product listings. We are NOT using any URL that bring up all products on a page or anything along those lines. Should work for dynamic category listings since as mimib suggested you can remove it from any category but YMMV.

Comment

Working...
        X