X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rburton34
    replied
    Originally posted by 3dcartdesigns View Post
    Alright I went through a ton of my old settings mods within the listing templates and remembered that 3dcart listing templates all have a syntax error for the 3dzoom.

Here is what you need to find and replace to fix the syntax error.

FIND (Usually around lines 1000 - 1100 depending on what template you are using):
    zoom_enable=[3dzoom_enabled]; //0 = zoomify | 1 = magiczoom

REPLACE WITH:
    zoom_enable='[3dzoom_enabled]'; //0 = zoomify | 1 = magiczoom

Not sure if this was the actual fix or not for the zoom not loading properly. But I can say that I have never had an issue with any of mine since.

Let me know so that I can mark it as a definite fix.
    I looked at mine and its showing as the second one, the one we replace the first with but mine still freezes on occasion.

Leave a comment:

• elightbox
    replied
    Thank you!

Glad to have you around.
    made the change and it seems like the Zoom is loading faster. I will report if I run across the problem again.

Leave a comment:

• 3dcartdesigns
    replied
    Alright I went through a ton of my old settings mods within the listing templates and remembered that 3dcart listing templates all have a syntax error for the 3dzoom.

Here is what you need to find and replace to fix the syntax error.

FIND (Usually around lines 1000 - 1100 depending on what template you are using):
    zoom_enable=[3dzoom_enabled]; //0 = zoomify | 1 = magiczoom

REPLACE WITH:
    zoom_enable='[3dzoom_enabled]'; //0 = zoomify | 1 = magiczoom

Not sure if this was the actual fix or not for the zoom not loading properly. But I can say that I have never had an issue with any of mine since.

Let me know so that I can mark it as a definite fix.

Leave a comment:

• Brtp4
    replied
    I have had reports of this from users, only replicated it myself one time.

It has been discussed enough that I think there is something going on.

BP

Leave a comment:

• rburton34
    replied
    I have this issue too. Sometimes the page freezes, you have to click refresh. I wonder how many sales are lost when the page freezes and customers can't do anything else and move on.

Leave a comment:

• elightbox
    replied
    These are the replies I received from support on two different correspondences. I finally gave up. We still see this problem from time to time where the circle thing just spins and spins until I refresh the page a couple of times..

We tested the zoom on a few products and were not able to duplicate this issue.

Could you please provide us with a couple of examples of products where the zoom is failing to load so that we can take a closer look?
    We've been continuing to test this but still have not been able to duplicate it. Perhaps the conditions that cause it are very specific and/or rare?

Have you noticed any further correlation between the instances when this occurs? Anything you may be able to share with us that could help us duplicate the issue would be useful.

Leave a comment:

• mac411
    replied
    Submit a support ticket. I had too but I will admit, it took several persistent attempts to get support to acknowledge it was an issue. They finally fixed mine and said they would do a permanent fix in version 4. But, it doesn't look that happened as I seen other threads recently.

Leave a comment:

• Rob1
    replied
    Are you using "recently viewed" in your settings also? I am trying to remember back to the same type of issue I had.
    No I am not using this feature.

Leave a comment:

• 3dcartdesigns
    replied
    Are you using "recently viewed" in your settings also? I am trying to remember back to the same type of issue I had.

Leave a comment:

• Rob1
    replied
    which zoom type are you using in your settings?
    I am using 3dzoom.

Leave a comment:

• 3dcartdesigns
    replied
    which zoom type are you using in your settings?

Leave a comment:

• Rob1
    started a topic image zoom unreliable

image zoom unreliable

Does anyone have any idea why the image zoom is so problematic?

Too many times the zoom fails to load or freezes the screen (this is in addition to the problem that occurs if you click the image too quickly).

Thanks!

Rob
Working...
X