X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of the new facebook login!

Your current customers can not use it!

From support:

If a customer is using a facebook account that has an email address that is already a customer it will not link the account together. So essentially, they will either need to use a different email address, or, you can delete the existing customer record in the store manager so that they can create a new account that is linked to the facebook account.
    So I say:
    How would I even know if a customer wanted to use it? how would a customer even know that they needed to contact me so that I can change their email in our system... am i supposed to have a huge explanation paragraph of text next to the button explaining what they need to do if they already have an account setup?
    To which he says:
    I apologize for the frustration, your idea of placing an explanation is one thing you can do yes.

Can you believe this?! And to charge $200 for such a poor implementation, Ridiculous!
    Last edited by NMTEACO; 04-05-2012, 12:27 PM. Reason: These issues have been fixed, so im changing the title

Wow. Thanks for this info. I almost bought the app yesterday. Just going to give up on it.

Comment

Oh man... I bought it and had it installed. Thanks for the info...
      http://www.bargainsandbuyouts.com

Comment

Sad part is, most people are going to be using their FB email address to order from our websites. This is ridiculous.

So what happens if a FB user logs in that has an account with that email address? What happens to the account they previously used under that email? What about the orders in that "old" account? Do they just disappear? Or do you have two accounts under that same email? What happens when you send out a newsletter? Does it count as two towards our limit? Does the customer get two emails to the same address?

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
          So what happens if a FB user logs in that has an account with that email address? What happens to the account they previously used under that email?
          They CANT login with facebook if they already have an account with their facebook email. The facebook app just says "you already have an account, log in". In essence your current customers can not use facebook to login.

While this is better then what you described, it is far far worse then just linking their current account to facebook.

Comment

Can someone else confirm...

On my site, if a user creates their account with facebook login, they can not submit a ticket through CRM!

Can someone else check to see if this is the same on their site?

SOME MORE INFO:
            It happens only if the user does not input any data when they create the account. So basically if a person uses the "login with facebook" button, but then does not input their address and phone number, then the system wont let them go to the CRM page.
            Last edited by NMTEACO; 03-29-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.
              Oh frick!. I was specifically told by support that if the customer had the same e-mail on Facebook, they would be logged into their existing account.

I spent the $199, and spent a couple of hours customizing the store language and layout.
              Why can't it be designed to just log existing customers into their accounts. This is so frustrating.

It appears that now we have two classes of customers. Facebook people, and Log-in people. They are completely separate.

There can be a verification dialog box that when an existing customer signs-in using Facebook Connect, that asks them for their existing account password for verification. From then on they can log in with Facebook.
              Last edited by elightbox; 03-29-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Shocking, Absolutely Shocking...

I purchased the Facebook Plug-In this week and didn't know about this short coming, that is pathetic and 3D Cart need to fix this immediately... after all we paid for a working feature not a compromise.

If a same email is detected there should be an update and link FB credentials to the existing account or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                  Thanks for the heads up.
                  Oh frick!. I was specifically told by support that if the customer had the same e-mail on Facebook, they would be logged into their existing account.

I spent the $199, and spent a couple of hours customizing the store language and layout.
                  Why can't it be designed to just log existing customers into their accounts. This is so frustrating.

It appears that now we have two classes of customers. Facebook people, and Log-in people. They are completely separate.

There can be a verification dialog box that when an existing customer signs-in using Facebook Connect, that asks them for their existing account password for verification. From then on they can log in with Facebook.
                  The app page kind of implies this IMO.

Comment

I apologize if the wording on the FB Connect App Page caused any confusion regarding the way it interacts with customers that already have an existing account on your 3dcart store.

Initially we had some privacy concerns regarding logging in a person to an existing account based on the FB credentials. We did expressed this to our contact in the FB development team and now we're confident that auto-login to existing accounts won't represent an issue.

The change is being implemented and will be deployed shortly to all clients already using this component.

Some merchants have already sent great feedback regarding the impact of this addon on their conversion rates. I'm hoping it has the same effect for everybody; I really appreciate when I get this type of comments so feel free to email me your experiences after implementing this component.

We have many exciting features associated to this Social Login component to come later this year.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post
                      [SIZE="2"]
                      The change is being implemented and will be deployed shortly to all clients already using this component.
                      Thank you for the update Jimmy. When I write a post like this, thats exactly the kind of response that will make me, and everyone else happy!

I will keep you updated on how my new and CURRENT :) customers are using it.

Comment

Jimmy, thank you for listening to our feedback. Looking forward to the fix.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                          Jimmy, thank you for listening to our feedback. Looking forward to the fix.
                          I'll second that, if only it was like that always...

Comment

So the FB log in will connect the account of current users? if so, I will go ahead and get the app.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                              So the FB log in will connect the account of current users? if so, I will go ahead and get the app.
                              Yes, it will connect for current customers.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
                              X