Checkout by Amazon Order Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkout by Amazon Order Dates

I already put a ticket in on this, but figured I would ask here...

Our CBA orders are getting screwy order dates.

For example, since last night:

259337 was a regular card order, placed yesterday.
    259338 was an Amazon order placed last night. Date is 3-31.
    259339 came in this morning, also paid by Amazon with a date of 4-4
    259340 came in, paid by card and the date is correct.

Support's initial thought was that there was a decline or something at Amazon, with the cart assigning a number, but not moving the order over to "New" until the payment issue is resolved.

I don't think that is it, because the order numbers are in line with the others. I would also find that hard ot believe that 4 orders in a row had a problem.

This wouldn't be a particularly big problem, except that the orders with old dates don't import into StoneEdge, which is how I caught the problem in the first place.

Has anyone else who takes Amazon had a similar problem?

Thanks,

DaveW

Did this ever get resolved and I am curious as to what the resolution was?

Comment

No. Without going into details, Support has been frustrating with any issue Amazon. Are you having the same problem?

I have also had one order process fine in Amazon but get stuck in Not Completed on the 3d side.

DaveW

Comment

FWIW, I had an Amazon order get stuck and no other [CBA] orders would come thru. Support had to manually push the order through, and once they did that I was able to process new CBA orders.

The issue was StoneEdge sending ship dates that were formatted in a way that Amazon couldn't handle. Once support changed the date format everything went back to normal.

Hope that helps.
        Chris
        TC Life Safety
        TC Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by tclifesafety View Post
          FWIW, I had an Amazon order get stuck and no other [CBA] orders would come thru. Support had to manually push the order through, and once they did that I was able to process new CBA orders.

The issue was StoneEdge sending ship dates that were formatted in a way that Amazon couldn't handle. Once support changed the date format everything went back to normal.

Hope that helps.
          They tried to foist this solution on me as well, but it doesn't seem to fit. Orders before and after the one in question have come through fine and if they don't get into StoneEdge in the first place, how can they effect the dates on other orders?

I understand that it is complex and hard to diagnose, but it is even harder when support passes the ticket(s) from person to person who has no idea of the history and then they wait a week to contact me. So the chances of finding anything currently screwed up is slim.

I can almost predict what will happen because it already happened once: There won't be any orders with problems for quite some time and support will not be able to reproduce the order. They will declare the problem fixed, except some time in the future, another order will get hung up and I won't catch it until the customer calls to complain.

I would feel so much better if 3d support could communicate with me at all, but they refuse to do so. Even a "we are stumped, person XXX is looking at it today and we will let you know something tomorrow" would be better than what I am getting now.

DaveW
          Frustrated!

Comment

CBA orders & Status Change

One thing that was causing problems with CBA orders is changing the status on the orders before Amazon approved them. This makes the order hang at Amazon for an extended period.
            We used StoneEdge OM and we had the status change to processing at order import. The CBA orders would be on 3dcart with a Status of UNPAID. SE changed it to Processing.
            When Amazon approves the order, it sends a code to change the order from Unpaid to New, however if the order is in Processing (or any other status), this code does not register, and the order hangs at Amazon. (Thanks to Henry for explaining this).

We changed our status updates to have SEOM update our orders to Processing upon Approval since we approve CBA orders manually anyway. However we are having a problem having SEOM update upon Approval. Every other status update is sent to 3dcart, except sending "Processing" upon approval. Opened a ticket with SE and will see.

Comment

I am not quite sure how stone edge works but one thing amazon does is set the sales channel for orders (in their text file it is sales-channel). If you can access this field in stone edge you can probably setup a rule that ignores anything where the sales channel is Amazon Checkout (this seems to be only used for CBA orders)
              Nathan
              www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Working...
              X