Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google dupe content indexing via "search_groups" pages

Hello Fellow 3dcart users.

While doing a site:mysite.com analysis I recently started picking up duplicate content pages being indexed. These pages have "search_groups.asp?manf=xx" in the URL, and appear as this:

search_groups_error.jpg

Here you can see the exact same page is indexed twice, showing up back-to-back:

Untitled-x.jpg

Is anyone else getting these?

FYI I contacted support on 3-27 about this. Was told a developer was going to look at it and open a ticket, but have not heard anything.

BP

I just did a mysite search and the same thing is happening to us. Have you heard since from 3D about this?
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
    * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
    www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
    www.Trailer-Wheels.com
    www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Originally posted by MissHTML View Post
      I just did a mysite search and the same thing is happening to us. Have you heard since from 3D about this?
      No, I have not.

BP

Comment

The listing on Google is very odd, I tried searching for the keyword and got the HTML page but not the duplicated one.

Does your Google Webmaster tools show the pages as duplicated?

If you click on any of those pages you'll notice the 301 redirect to the HTML version of it, so it's not duplicated content, I'm just wondering why these would even be picked up by google. I'm wondering if it's specific to the use of the "Brands" dropdown on your left navigation instead of regular links.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post
          The listing on Google is very odd, I tried searching for the keyword and got the HTML page but not the duplicated one.

Does your Google Webmaster tools show the pages as duplicated?

If you click on any of those pages you'll notice the 301 redirect to the HTML version of it, so it's not duplicated content, I'm just wondering why these would even be picked up by google. I'm wondering if it's specific to the use of the "Brands" dropdown on your left navigation instead of regular links.

Jimmy Rodriguez
          Hello Jimmy.

It is odd. They did show up in WMT but I marked them corrected (accidently) and it will take a few days to show up again. They do show up as dupe title tags now, I will post that screenshot later.

They do redirect, yes. My SEO person feels they are duplicates, because they are being crawled somehow. Don't know, not panicking, but can't be a good thing.

Can you elaborate more on the brands nav thing?

BP

Comment

Working...
          X