Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free eBook setup

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Free eBook setup

    So I want to give away an eBook when someone signs up to my newsletter.

    I added the eBook.
    First problem:
    It's free, and the "free shipping" is checked (when I added the product)
    When the customer "purchases" it he still needs to enter CC info and it shows $3.00 shipping.
    First, he shouldnt need to enter his billing info as it is free and it should not charge shipping, which it does (even though I have free shipping checked and the product page even has the free shipping image on it. See here.

    Then, I want to create some kind of "sign up for our NL and get a free book".

    Any idease please?

  • #2
    I was under the impression that eproducts didnt apply shipping however I could be wrong. Do you have it set up as a eproduct?

    Check in your shipping options and see if this is checked or not "Exclude free shipping items from real time calculation". If your using the postal service real time calculation that might help.

    If thats no help you can set a promotion for that specific item to apply free shipping. Ive done that in the past and should work.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ruppy View Post
      I was under the impression that eproducts didnt apply shipping however I could be wrong. Do you have it set up as a eproduct?
      Yep, setup as an eproduct. Just checked it again, it's charging shipping and (obviously) asking for CC pay info.

      Originally posted by Ruppy View Post
      Check in your shipping options and see if this is checked or not "Exclude free shipping items from real time calculation". If your using the postal service real time calculation that might help.
      No, not using real time, using flat rate.

      Originally posted by Ruppy View Post
      If thats no help you can set a promotion for that specific item to apply free shipping. Ive done that in the past and should work.
      Wow, what a PIA, I've tried all different settings in the promotion manager and it still charges the shipping.

      Comment


      • #4
        Does anyone else have any ideas on this?
        No matter what I do, it charges shipping.

        The product even shows "free shipping" but when added to cart it adds it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Muldrick82 View Post
          Does anyone else have any ideas on this?
          No matter what I do, it charges shipping.

          The product even shows "free shipping" but when added to cart it adds it.
          Quick check...
          Do you charge a handling fee? could that be the $3.00 charge you are getting?
          Elegant Weddings +
          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
            Quick check...
            Do you charge a handling fee? could that be the $3.00 charge you are getting?
            Good thought, thanks, but nope...no "other" fees involved.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Muldrick82 View Post
              Good thought, thanks, but nope...no "other" fees involved.
              do you have an example on your site, that I can see?
              Elegant Weddings +
              www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
              www.elegantweddingsplus.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
                do you have an example on your site, that I can see?
                Electronic Cigarette Accessories
                Left top, woman with the ecig.
                But you need to be signed up to add it to your cart.
                I would apreciate it if you could do that and check it out?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Muldrick82 View Post
                  Electronic Cigarette Accessories
                  Left top, woman with the ecig.
                  But you need to be signed up to add it to your cart.
                  I would apreciate it if you could do that and check it out?
                  I created myself an account, and I added quantity of 1 and then 2 to cart, and yes, each time there was a shipping charge of $3.00

                  Now... Let's do this if you are a willing to try:
                  1. Edit the product, in the Shipping Options area make sure the following is done:
                    • Shipping is set to 0.00
                    • weight -> 0
                    • clear boxes for height, width, depth
                    • Free Shipping -> checked
                    • Ships by itself -> checked
                  2. In the eProduct Tab, fill in all necessary fields.
                  3. In Settings>Shipping>Shipping Methods
                    • Set the Min. Weight: 0.01 for 1st class and priority
                  Then try to add the product to cart and checkout. This might solve your issue.
                  If not, create a Custom Type shipping method called "eProduct"
                  and set the minimum weight to 0 and max weight to 0.001

                  Let's try that and take it from there.....

                  Hope this helps
                  Elegant Weddings +
                  www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                  www.elegantweddingsplus.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
                    I created myself an account, and I added quantity of 1 and then 2 to cart, and yes, each time there was a shipping charge of $3.00

                    Now... Let's do this if you are a willing to try:
                    1. Edit the product, in the Shipping Options area make sure the following is done:
                      • Shipping is set to 0.00
                      • weight -> 0
                      • clear boxes for height, width, depth
                      • Free Shipping -> checked
                      • Ships by itself -> checked
                    2. In the eProduct Tab, fill in all necessary fields.
                    3. In Settings>Shipping>Shipping Methods
                      • Set the Min. Weight: 0.01 for 1st class and priority
                    Then try to add the product to cart and checkout. This might solve your issue.
                    If not, create a Custom Type shipping method called "eProduct"
                    and set the minimum weight to 0 and max weight to 0.001

                    Let's try that and take it from there.....

                    Hope this helps
                    Thanks for helping:
                    Tried 1, 2, 3:
                    Ends up with:
                    Shipping Method
                    "There is no shipping option for the address you entered. Please go back and check the address".

                    It ended up doing that for all products and I had to go back in and change the min weight for 1st and priority back to "0".

                    Creating a custom shipping method did nothing. :(

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Muldrick82 View Post
                      Thanks for helping:
                      Tried 1, 2, 3:
                      Ends up with:
                      Shipping Method
                      "There is no shipping option for the address you entered. Please go back and check the address".

                      It ended up doing that for all products and I had to go back in and change the min weight for 1st and priority back to "0".

                      Creating a custom shipping method did nothing. :(
                      Ok, then let's do it the reverse.
                      Give the Item a un realistic shipping weight. Like 1000000lb, then create a eProduct Custom shipping method with shipping cost to $0.00 for min 999999lb to max 1000001. ... give it a try
                      Elegant Weddings +
                      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I see what you are doing, but unbelievably it STILL shows shipping and asks for CC info. (Wow)
                        Good Lord, why does something so simple be so difficult.

                        I did change it to "login not required".

                        Well this is BS, messed around with it some more. It just seems like it does not like anything for $0.00 or free shipping.
                        It's a little crazy that it's this hard to set that up.
                        Last edited by Muldrick82; 04-28-2012, 08:31 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Muldrick82 View Post
                          I see what you are doing, but unbelievably it STILL shows shipping and asks for CC info. (Wow)
                          Good Lord, why does something so simple be so difficult.

                          I did change it to "login not required".

                          I did a test on my site, for a test eproduct and it let me checkout with $0.00 and no CC information required.

                          You must have somewhere indicated a handling fee or a shipping fee.... I know it is a needle in the hay stack, to find that setting. do a test with a different eproduct that is $0.00.
                          Elegant Weddings +
                          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
                            I did a test on my site, for a test eproduct and it let me checkout with $0.00 and no CC information required.

                            You must have somewhere indicated a handling fee or a shipping fee.... I know it is a needle in the hay stack, to find that setting. do a test with a different eproduct that is $0.00.

                            Ha! I had "minimum order amount for free shipping" at $100.00.
                            I unchecked that, but now I better check other prods dont get free shipping

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Muldrick82 View Post
                              Ha! I had "minimum order amount for free shipping" at $100.00.
                              I unchecked that, but now I better check other prods dont get free shipping

                              That seems ok, all else seems to charge shipping.

                              Thanks!!!! Thanks so much for going why out of your way on this. I really appreciate it. :)

                              Now, how could I set it up with the newsletter.
                              People sign up, then the "thanks for signing up" email includes a link to the free book?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X