Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Clear Shopping Cart"/"Empty Shopping Cart" button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Clear Shopping Cart"/"Empty Shopping Cart" button?

Is there a way to add a button to let the customer clear their shopping cart when viewing the shopping cart, or should I log it under "feature requests"? Not a crucial feature, but I'd like to have it.
    Last edited by chcsep; 05-08-2012, 12:43 PM.

Off the top of my head this should be possible to implement with sufficient HTML and javascript experience. I think you could just make a link that would essentially make all items a quantity of 0 and then update the cart.

Comment

Originally posted by chcsep View Post
      Is there a way to add a button to let the customer clear their shopping cart when viewing the shopping cart, or should I log it under "feature requests"? Not a crucial feature, but I'd like to have it.
      Here is the code, you can put it in your view cart page:
      Code:
      <input type="submit" name="www" value="[shoppingcart_updatecart]" class="btn" onMouseOver="this.className='btn_over'" onMouseOut="this.className='btn'"> <input type="submit" name="clearcart" value="[shoppingcart_clearcart]" onClick="javascript:document.recalculate.action='recalculate.asp?clearcart=1';document.recalculate.submit();" class="btn" onMouseOver="this.className='btn_over'" onMouseOut="this.className='btn'">
      Elegant Weddings +
      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Elegant, thank you for posting the code.

I'd just worry about a customer clicking it by mistake, and there goes the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
          Elegant, thank you for posting the code.

I'd just worry about a customer clicking it by mistake, and there goes the sale.
          I understand, I don't have this in our view cart pages for the same reasons.
          on the view cart, the customer can click on "X" to remove the product if they need to.
          But I have it in the Mini Cart on the righthand panel.
          Elegant Weddings +
          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Thanks for the help, and for the code. Good point, eightbox, I'll keep that in mind when I look at where to put it. Maybe I'll just configure it as a text link instead of a button.

Comment

Working...
            X