Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change order of country listing to put Canada and US first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change order of country listing to put Canada and US first?

Is there a way to configure the list of countries to put Canada and US at the top of the shipping list, followed by a section break, then the rest of the countries? 99% of our customers are in Canada or the US.

I've been on sites that do this and find it very convenient.

You could do this but I probably wouldn't. In the template the country drop down is one variable, [CountryDropDown]. When the site is being used that is replaced by code that looks like:
    Code:
    <option value="AS">American Samoa</option>
    <option value="AD">Andorra</option>
    <option value="AQ">Antarctica</option>
    You could change this by getting rid of the variable and just putting the <option value> code in manually the way you want, but then if you want to change what countries you ship to in the back end "Shipping Countries" page it would not automatically adjust the country drop down, you'd have to go and edit it in your template page.

Comment

Thanks. It looks like it doesn't actually replace, but instead relies on a bunch of scripts that show and hide the "State" field based on the country.

Given the complexity of the code around this, I think I'll just leave it. Haven't gotten any complaints from customers in the year-plus it has taken me to get around to looking at this!

Comment

Working...
      X