Checkout by Amazon, Caution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkout by Amazon, Caution

It appears that Checkout by Amazon orders are showing on 3dcart as NEW, while they show as Pending on Amazon Sales Central.
    We currently have several orders that are pending on Amazon and are showing on 3dcart. One we have actually shipped.
    This is the response from Checkout by Amazon support:

"Greetings from Checkout by Amazon,

If the order shows as Pending in our system, we have not successfully charged the buyer for the order at that time. It may complete later but we have not fully processed it yet. "

I have opened a ticket on the 4th, and it is being "forwarded to the appropriate channels." Have not heard back yet otherwise.

Thank you for posting this, we had the same issue. Now we check explicitly on Amazon to see if it is cleared (more manual work).

Also beware, if you have options for your items, and checkout questions, they do not get reflected on the Amazon Order.
    Furthermore, Amazon automatically states that we ship the item next day; which is quite false in our business as 99% of the orders have customization and engraving which takes days.

I informed about this to Amazon Rep weeks ago with proof of screen shots, to this day no response.

Overall we have had quite a bitter experience with Amazon, thinking of removing CBA altogether from the checkout process.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

By adding CBA you are only supporting a monopoly and a competitor of yours, very few people would not finish checkout if you did not have the option. I am all for giving customers as many ways to pay as possible but I am against supporting a company who lets people sell on their channel, sees that they are selling a high volume of a product and then Amazon directly purchases said product and offers it with free shipping to destroy you. they eat their young.

Comment

Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
        By adding CBA you are only supporting a monopoly and a competitor of yours, very few people would not finish checkout if you did not have the option. I am all for giving customers as many ways to pay as possible but I am against supporting a company who lets people sell on their channel, sees that they are selling a high volume of a product and then Amazon directly purchases said product and offers it with free shipping to destroy you. they eat their young.

Thank you for confirming what I suspected all along, I see I am not the only one feels this way about Amazon. CBA is now gone from all of our websites, on 3DCart and everywhere else.
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Stores by Amazon story -

When I was with Miva Merchant several years ago when Amazon started their stores by Amazon push, I signed up. Since one of the categories they sold at the time was toys and of course books, I was not supposed to be allowed. When they realized that what I sold didn't compete, was my own product or imported from small mfrs that I have agreements with overseas, they let me create a store.

This was around May of that year. I put some effort into my store, loaded several hundred products. Then in September I get a notice telling me that anyone in the Toys or Books category in stores will not be able to sell toys or books using the Christmas season from 10/1-1/31. I complained but never got anywhere and closed the store. I had a free 3 months and paid for 2. Then in Feb/Mar the following year they contacted me and I related the store. They refunded by 2 months and gave me a 6 month free trial. Problem was their new policy was that I needed UPC numbers or unique item numbers for my products. They wouldn't tell me how to create the numbers in the format they wanted since I was too small to get numbers for the 2000+ products I imported or made. After finally getting the actual instructions from a tech support person that knew what they were talking about, then I started loading products into the import spreadsheet. After loading several hundred products, I tried importing and could never get it to work. I gave up and canceled the account. Never tried again.

I deal with a bunch of small book publishers that basically write their own books and have them printed. Amazon has habitually tried to undercut sales of these books when they are announced for preorder but putting them up on their site and taking orders for 25-40% off list. Meanwhile they didn't even secure a supply. Supposedly from these small mfrs they will attempt to go to them with orders for hundreds of books in hand trying to strong arm a 60% or more discount. Most of the book mfrs are smart and tell them to stuff it. Most of the customers ordering from the Amazon store wind up getting refund emails.

Comment

Working...
          X