need help on category page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on category page

I would like to replace those grey background with the white background, where i can make the changes? Thanks

Bracelets

also like to re-arrange product details page, such as move your price section to the image's right side, how should i do? Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Stretchy Bead Bracelet - Sapphire, Aquamarine & Clear
    www.brandonoptics.com

Doing this requires a good working knowledge of CSS and HTML. I wouldn't recommend messing around too much unless you are comfortable with FTP sites and making/restoring backups.

Moving the price to a different spot is too complex to help you on this forums. Changing the background color is easy enough.

There are two ways to do it. You have a CSS class called "alternative" in your CSS file. This is located in your FTP space in a filed called "default_modified.css" in your template folder. If you don't understand what I just said then you will need to do some studying.

The "alternative" class looks like it controls the look of forms and other area of your site. It has a line that says
    Code:
    background-color: #f3f2f2;
    if you change it to
    Code:
    background-color: white;
    then you are all done.

However this will probably change the color of some other areas of your site and you might not want that.

To change just this section you will need to edit the appropriate product listing template file (most likely called listing_0.html) and find the section that starts with

Code:
    <!--START: CATEGORY_ITEMS--><tr valign="top" align="center"><td width="33%">
                    <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" border="0" width="99%" class="alternative">
                      <tr>
    and replace it with

Code:
    <!--START: CATEGORY_ITEMS--><tr valign="top" align="center"><td width="33%">
                    <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" border="0" width="99%" class="alternative" style="background-color:white">
                      <tr>
    That will do it. But I really recommend studying up on HTML and CSS which will give you the tools you need to do this on your own.

Comment

I did it, thank you so much

very appreciate your great help. I'll try to re-arrange product list then.

Thank you again.
      www.brandonoptics.com

Comment

What do you mean by rearrange?
        Are you looking to move the layout around, say move the left menu to the right? or did you want to rearrange the way the items are listed?
        - Peace
        www.ifilters.net

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by user001 View Post
          What do you mean by rearrange?
          Are you looking to move the layout around, say move the left menu to the right? or did you want to rearrange the way the items are listed?
          that means move the price and description sections to the right side of product image.

change this page style
          4496_Asher_18_original

to this page style
          Dotted Stripes Shirt | 21 MEN - 2000035429

I'll send our current listing_0.html code, if someone can help, that will be very appreciated. Thanks
          www.brandonoptics.com

Comment

I would start by changing the listing options under the advance tab in your product options page to whatever listing style you prefer, choose one that is closes to what you are looking for. you can then download that template style and modify it (this requires HTML knowledge).

Besides changing the listing style template and using the drag and drop feature, there are no other ways, that I am aware of, to modify your template without knowing HTML. You can alternatively pay to get what you want.

unfortunately you will have to deal with tables... If your template was created using CSS (its not if your using the default templates) then it would be a lot easier.

Post what you can and ill help when I can.

Good luck.
            - Peace
            www.ifilters.net

Comment

Working...
            X