Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook Like button code for products broken again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Like button code for products broken again?

Why is getting the like buttons to work on products so hit or miss? 2.8 Million Volt Stun Gun Flashlight Rechargeable you press like then refresh and it does not register.

Works for me, not sure what you mean.

Your not just trying to get people to hit like are you...?
    - Peace
    www.ifilters.net

Comment

absolutely not ive had this issue and its been reported before by others. i can hit like all day each time i refresh the like is non existant. if you hit like it looks like it works it will count to one then refresh and its gone. im not on here begging for likes buddy i have 1800 fans that help me with likes any time I ask for them. just reporting my experience with the current like button.

Comment

I see that you had a similar issue before. Is this issue related?
        Can you post the code block that you are using for the like buttons. Sounds like a browser issue.
        - Peace
        www.ifilters.net

Comment

i tried ff chrome and ie this problem went away for a long time and came back I. the last few days I've made no changes to the stock fb like code that's on the social/advanced area

Comment

Did you change any JS?
            I tried it again and it still works for me.
            Have you tried to empty your cart and browser cache?
            - Peace
            www.ifilters.net

Comment

tried emptying cache and still same issure havent touched anything to do with javascript

Comment

can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing.

--------------------------------------
                The following has nothing to do with your current thread, just thought I let you know.

Your logo title is broken. Its displaying like this
                Hanzoswords.co
                m

with the m under it.
                I took a look at your source and css and your div container is to small for it so its pushing the m and your business hours down.

the following css needs to be adjusted
                .store-name {
                color: #FFFFFF;
                font-family: Rockwell-Bold;
                font-size: 30px;
                font-weight: bold;
                line-height: 1em;
                padding-top: 10px;
                text-align: left;
                text-decoration: none;
                word-wrap: break-word; <---- Remove this line to fix it
                }

--------------------------------------
                - Peace
                www.ifilters.net

Comment

I'm using Chrome and if I refresh browser with the little arrow it stays gray after I hit "like", if I do a ctrl F5, it refreshes and I can hit the like button again. Hope that helps, didn't try FF because I haven't installed it again on my PC I was having issues with it and removed it

Comment

I appreciate the help but I know nothing about css or where to edit the line of code you mentioned.

Comment

Yes, I went round and round with tech support on this months ago. Supposedly they "fixed" it, and the like buttons seemed to be tracking properly for a while, but now they're broken again. I'm ready to just remove FB integration at this point...they sell us on these great features but they don't work!!

Comment

I removed FB from mine a couple months ago. Got tired of fighting with it and support didn't seem able to assist. Seems it went south again when FB changed to the new timeline, I could be wrong on that but it seems that was when I began having the most issues, even with the FB store, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Comment

Like button works for me but it posts on FB with a random picture from the page - same as FB always does when you include a link to the website - although then you can at least pick your picture! It would be better to default to just the link and text and NO picture....
                          Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

Facebook recommends adding their OpenGraph meta tags on the product pages to help them find the best image for your product.

We added these as a 3dcart feature and seem to work for most sites, but we still run into some products picking random pictures even when the opengraph tag indicates a different one.

Please do report the issue to support, we can always try different things, and there are also alternatives ways to add the FB Like button that could produce a different result in regards to the image.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
                            X